Requisition ID: 67776
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada's most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada's international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
ScotiaMcLeod is part of the Global Wealth Management (GWM) division of Scotiabank and a division of Scotia Capital Inc. ScotiaMcLeod offers full-service advice and a full spectrum of investment products and services through 750 advisors to over 150,000 households across Canada.
ScotiaMcLeod has earned a reputation for integrity based on our standards of excellence, quality service and a commitment to doing what's right for our clients.
At ScotiaMcLeod, we pride ourselves on the strong team we have developed to support the Wealth Advisors. In addition to traditional administrative support, we also have a number of licensed roles to assist the advisors with their clients, with their individual marketing, and with the growth and development of their businesses. ScotiaMcLeod provides both internal training as well as financial assistance for external courses to support and encourage career path progression for our employees.
As part of Scotiabank, you will see the many benefits of working for an employer of choice - one that reflects the community and one that attracts and retains talent from diverse backgrounds. We encourage open communication, recognize and reward performance, and provide opportunity for growth. Here you will find a workplace enriched with strong relationships, teamwork, contagious enthusiasm and a "can-do" attitude. Job Purpose
The Administrative Assistant role is to provide administrative support to one or more Advisors, and their teams.Key Accountabilities
1. Ensure a high level of non-trade client service by:
- Acting as receptionist by answering phones and greeting clients
- Arranging client meetings including venues, preparing printed materials and handling schedule changes
- Assisting with Advisor seminars by booking venues, scheduling guests, greeting clients, arranging for refreshments etc.
- Following up on client meetings and entering notes in contact management system
- Processing client requests, account transfers, deposits, withdrawals and payments, requests for tax receipts and account reporting
- Responding to client inquiries and issues in a timely, responsive manner and escalating to Advisor when appropriate
2. Provide administrative support by:
- Processing client account documentation
- Assisting in writing and processing clients'/prospects letters and proposals
- Ordering marketing materials
- Maintaining client files and information on the appropriate systems
- Opening new accounts and processing new account documentation
- Processing account transfer documentation and follow up to ensure receipt
- Following up on outstanding documentation for restricted accounts
- Ensuring all client interaction is accurately documented
- Gathering deferred sales charge (DSC) information
- Ensuring adherence of all regulatory rules as it relates to client accounts and related documentation
- Following up with clients on missing documentation required as per the industry regulatory requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Microsoft systems; Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal
ScotiaMcLeod and Scotiabank are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs. Job Segment:
Secretary, Bank, Banking, Law, Part Time, Administrative, Finance, Legal