Sales Support Representative, Group Insurance What is the opportunity?As a Sales Support Representative you will act as a point of contact and provide superior sales support to Regional Management, Group Benefit Specialists, Sales Consultants, Brokers and Clients, Sales Representatives, Underwriting, Group Sales Support & Service, Head Office Channel Design, Initiatives Delivery and Sales Enablement and Internal/External business partners through timely and accurate delivery of the Group Benefit Solutions proposal, client service and new business activities/initiatives. Share and contribute to Sales consultants and Group Benefits Specialist's sales plans. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed?Must-have
- Effectively collaborate with Sales Representatives, Underwriting, Brokers and other internal and external partners to finalize proposal releases and deliver Group Proposals to Brokers. Take ownership and accountability of all assigned Proposal Releases and work with Sales Representatives to initiate and finalize discounting activities. Complete final review of proposals to ensure all necessary details (outlined below) are included prior to delivering proposal to clients.
- Effectively collaborate with Sales Representatives, Brokers and Un22692269erwriters to deliver proposals to clients ahead of Broker Due Dates and Internal Service Level Agreements.
- Integrate a Proactive Advice Culture into all interactions with Sales Representatives, Brokers and their support team, and other internal partners.
- Complete Renewal Projections for all applicable proposals.
- Assist with New Business Contract Compare process when necessary.
- Assist with Broker Questionnaire completion when required.
- Assist and complete quote alternative requests.
- Assist with Proprietary Channel Marketing Analysis workbook completion when required.
- Maintain and update Salesforce.com and GRAPE in a timely fashion.
- Take ownership and accountability in resolving inquiries and issues and look to help achieve new business targets. Respond to all calls within a 24 hour period.
Nice-to-haveKnowledge of the Group Insurance industry is an assetWhat's in it for you?We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in French and English
- Ability to work well with diverse team and independently
- Excellent organizational skills, Initiative & Proactive
- Strong negotiation skills, Impact and Influence, analytical thinking
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Suite and capability to learn new systems quickly
- Required: Post-secondary and/or applicable work/insurance experience
- Strong computer skills - Microsoft Office and Salesforce.com
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Management that supports your work and progression
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across businesses and geographies
- Remote work (Conditions apply).
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com .Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.JOB SUMMARY City:
1 Place Ville MarieWork Hours/Week:
Branch and Home OfficeEmployment Type:
Entry LevelPay Type:
Management and Executive