The primary purpose of this role is to execute the tasks necessary to drive sales, including freight flow, merchandise standards, inventory and replenishment procedures in all areas of the store. Demonstrates a high degree of customer engagement and maximizes sales while effectively assisting customers. The Sales Support Representative will work in tandem with the night crew, where applicable. Primary Responsibilities:
• Maintains company merchandising standards, including current pricing, signage, plan-o-grams, promotional planners, ad set-ups and displays. • Participates in all cycle count processes as specifically outlined by company policies and procedures. • Prepares the daily printing of signage and price changes for all merchandise when required. • Ensures exceptional customer satisfaction and displays professionalism when assisting customers and associates in different areas of the store. • Takes opportunities to add-on sales to customers by using current selling techniques and company programs. • Participates in the out of stock procedures to maintain replenishment. • Provides coverage and assistance in all areas of the store where business needs require and as associate training supports. • Participates in the inventory taking process and follows up on variances as required. • Prepares the daily printing of signage and price changes for all merchandise when required. • Assists in keeping the damaged products area clean and that items in need of shrink-wrapping are attended to in a timely basis. • Where applicable, assists with the recycling programs including toner, ink, batteries and electronics. • Properly secures all assets and physical inventory and follows all loss prevention procedures. • Ensures understanding of and adherence to all privacy policies and procedures. • Has a complete understanding of all company policies and procedures related to this position, as outlined in the training checklist. • Identifies and communicates suggestions for improvements in all areas of business. • Checks and understands all sources of communication for information (white boards, bulletin boards, portal, etc). • Ensures the general cleanliness of workstations, lunchroom and washrooms according to company standards is maintained. • Maintains a safe working environment and follows all company protocols for safety and is required to report any unsafe working conditions to a manager. • As per policy, required to have personal parcels (bags, totes, backpacks, purses, etc.) checked by a manager prior to leaving the store premises. Basic:
• Ability to resolve customer concerns in a diplomatic manner. • Ability to engage customers in a friendly and professional manner. • Capacity to communicate with customers effectively using a variety of mediums. • Ability to plan, organize and prioritize efficiently to effectively serve our customers. • Ability to work effectively with ongoing distractions is necessary. • Can engage appropriately and work as part of a team. • Capacity to work independently and seek out assistance as required. Preferred: Experience:
• 3-6 months of previously related experience is preferred. Education:
• Working towards or successful completion of high school is preferred. Additional Information:
• Conditions of the work environment are such that minor stress or physical discomfort may occur. • Required to work a varying work schedule in order to meet the needs of the business. This would include working evenings and weekends as directed by management. • Conditions may cause physical discomfort due to exposure to variable temperatures in receiving and noise from delivery trucks, fumes from trucks, dirt and dust. Due to direct contact with delivery trucks, forklifts, and use of the bailer machine there is higher risk of personal injury if safe working habits are not practiced. • Output of physical effort is required through lifting, bending, pulling, twisting, etc. Movement of freight by use of ladders and stock pickers is required. • Forklift Training and certification may be required.
Staples is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants' needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Customer Service and Support Retail