Permanent Primary Location:
Montreal, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
Montreal Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University. Do you like working in a fast paced and challenging environment? Are you looking to continue your professional development in Tax? Then this opportunity is for you! What will your typical day look like?
Your typical day will consist of processing draft, or final copies, of paper and electronic returns; processing E-Filing requests; supporting our DT1 team with various requests throughout the year, including but not limited to, testing, translation, mailbox responses; adding users to internal file structure and monitoring usage and temporary accesses; E-Filing of adjusted returns and online submission of support materials; sourcing NOA, NORA, Statements of Account directed to engagement teams, redirect incoming CRA letters and voicemails to appropriate teams; Assisting the engagement teams with organizing materials, formatting excel data from clients; Data entry and basic prep of compliance and special government forms; TaxPrep Forms data import from excel; Organizational chart updates; Drafting Deloitte Branded client letters for engagement teams; Tax Research regarding legislation and rulings for client guidance; and Assisting the Gi3 practice with CRA Claims Tracking. About the team
As a Tax Technician, we will offer you the opportunity to work in a stimulating and high-energy environment with like-minded people who are renowned in their respective technical fields and pursue your professional development and reinforce and expand your chosen career path Enough about us, let's talk about you
Our shared values
- College diploma
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in Canadian Tax
- Dedication to professional and client service excellence;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills in French and English;
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to work overtime during peak filing periods
- Ability to work in a virtual team setting
- Ability to work in PT time zone (i.e., 9am - 6pm PT); peak season working until midnight PT
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Management and Executive