Requisition ID: 141956
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. PURPOSE:
The Retail Lending Officer is responsible for the effective and timely adjudication of all indirect loans & manufacturer lease applications from automotive dealerships. The Retail Lending Officer ensures that a high level of customer service is delivered in a dynamic and high paced environment. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Adjudicates indirect loans and leases, as well as preparing and escalating exceptioncredits up to ACE Exception Lenders.
- Maintains the customer relationship, ensures good quality customer service, while ensuring the dealer understands the rationale behind declines or requests for more information. The incumbent is the first level of contact for issues/concerns from the dealer on specific loan/lease decisions.
- College Diploma or University Degree
- retail lending experience is preferred,
- proven ability to make sound credit decisions,
- effective communication skills,
- strength in ability to negotiate/mediate between multiple groups with potential for conflicting priorities/sense of urgency,
- strong computer proficiency
- Knowledge of the automotive industry
- Variable work schedule including evening and saturdays.
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Anjou
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Credit Analyst, Financial, Investment Banking, Technical Support, Finance, Retail, Technology
Banking, Finance and Insurance