At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us. Full Time Journalist Position:
CityNews Montreal is looking for an experienced Journalist for a full time position. As an experienced News professional, you know what content our viewers want and how to deliver compelling stories. As a proven innovator, you know how to emphasize creativity over tradition. You should be capable of using traditional and non-traditional mediums to tell a story. Responsibilities:
- Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research
- Organizes material and writes engaging, relevant and concise news stories under tight deadlines according to prescribed editorial style and format standards
- Generates compelling story ideas and knowledgeable contacts and responds to breaking news situations quickly and accurately
- Host the newscast live either in the newsroom or out in the field.
- Be an editorial leader in the newsroom, help produce newscasts and coordinate coverage with our partners
- Be ready to fill in for the Supervising Producer as needed
- Be fluent in social media trends with a personal Twitter account and the knowledge to use it to generate stories and ideas
- Be ready to post CityNews content to your website and social media channels
- A person who truly understands multi-platform coverage and does not feel bound by the confines of a typical television reporter package
- Proven editorial leadership, knows what it takes to put a newscast to air.
- Solid writing skills, knows how to write to pictures and how to use sound to deliver quality content.
- Excellent knowledge of the cultural and political landscape of the city
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to be flexible in a changing work environment
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends
- Must have a clean driving record and valid license
- Must be bilingual
- Experience operating a video camera and editing is an asset.
- Must be able to multi-task and deliver under tight deadlines
Full time Shift:
Evening Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
1200, avenue McGill College (179), Montreal, QC Travel Requirements:
Up to 10% Posting Category/Function:
Broadcasting & On-Air Talent Requisition ID:
143959 Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com
to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.
Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]] || [[country]] || QC || Montreal || [[mfield2]] ||
Posted: February 14, 2019
Closes: April 15, 2019