Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
The Market Segment Strategy team is responsible to support the Commercial Banking Centres ("CBCs") with cash flow lending transactions in order to grow market share within the $5mm to $25mm loan segment.Job Description
This role reports directly to the SVP, Market Segment Strategy, it is an advisory role designed to support the CBCs in the assigned region. This position will support the Quebec & Atlantic regions.
This position will be responsible for:
- developing and maintaining relationships with the assigned region's CBCs (leadership and deal teams);
- improving the capability of CBCs within the region to source, structure and document cash flow lending transactions in the $5-25MM segment
- working with CBCs to provide ongoing coverage of COIs, existing clients and prospects with potential cash flow lending needs
Provide structuring advice on transactions and assist with preparation of term sheets and pitch materials
- Aid in completion of due diligence as appropriate to provide training to CBC staff and to minimize late stage credit approval issues
- Assist in completion of legal documentation as appropriate
- Provide competitive benchmarking and market updates on a regular basis to CBCs in the assigned region
- Attend external prospect/pitch meetings as appropriate
- Provide ongoing coaching & education, (both informal & formal) to CBC staff in order to increase knowledge, confidence and awareness of large deals to maximize market growth in region
- Attend internal sales meetings to develop regular dialogue with CBCs and understand and support their marketing strategy
- Possess and continue to develop deep expert knowledge of the industries, clients and broader economic factors impacting the region in order to assist senior management with strategic direction in region, while increasing presence and awareness of Business Banking's offering within the market
- Support and/or develop supporting relationships with COIs,( including Private Equity firms, Accounting firms, EDC etc) that have offices in the assigned region
- Minimum 1-2 years relevant experience with larger cash flow lending transactions (ideally some C.N.A. experience)
- Demonstrated leadership, impact & influence skills across all levels and business partners
- Experience and demonstrated ability in business development and relationship management of clients with large complex credit needs.
- Results oriented with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- An undergraduate/graduate degree in business / commerce
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.