R&D Principal engineer - Central battery systems Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Smart Buildings digitally transforms commercial, industrial and residential buildings for the highest comfort, efficiency, safety and security enhancing quality of life in buildings of the future through safe, smart and sustainable electrification solutions, services and products.Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies and products that change the way the world works and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering solid returns for our customers and shareholdersIn this role, you will be responsible for CBS platform development within the global emergency lighting products in Smart Building business, providing technical guidelines and architecture documentation to R&D team members. Reporting to the Global Technology Manager, you will ensure successful product development, in line with specifications and with innovation mindset. Your responsibilities
- Design a modular and optimal architecture of the Central Battery System 's product line.
- Collaborate with the various regional engineering teams as well as the product managers to understand technical requirements, client's needs, and different regional standards.
- Manage the technical alignment of the lighting technology center's members to ensure the development, the conception and the quality of the product line under his responsibility Manage the design review's meetings.
- Support project lead in milestone identification and technical documentation related to product development.
- Ensure that the designed products respond to the client's needs and to the quality and security standards.
- Participate to the technology watch activities that have influence on his product line.
- Provide the support and technical alignment to the engineers involved in projects as well as the regional engineering teams.
- Participate to the improvement of the R&D team's development processes.
- Graduate degree in electrical/electronic engineering and a minimum of 10 years work experience in a similar or equivalent product design field.
- Experience in electronic design of modular power (100va to 100Kva, UPS).
- Control of the electrical insulation standards and good practices.
- Experience with simulation tools (PSIM, Matlab or other)
- Knowledge in EMC requirements.
- Knowledge in energy storage.
- Knowledge in microcontrollers based products design and embedded software.
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
Named to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.