Quality Assurance Intern (Summer 2022)Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB's Measurement & Analytics division is among the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of smart instrumentation and analyzers. With thousands of experts around the world and high-performance digital technology, ABB's team is dedicated to making measurement easy for its industrial and energy customers to let them operate more efficiently and profitably.As a member of the quality team, you will act as a Quality Assurance Intern for two product lines by ensuring quality during development projects and on the manufacturing line.Your responsibilities
- Ensure that design activities that impact product or service quality are sufficiently defined and controlled.
- Ensure the qualification, evaluation, monitoring and improvement of our suppliers and manufacturing processes and ensure customer satisfaction through customer feedback processes.
- Develop control plans and implement them with suppliers.
- Ensure 1st article inspection.
- In conjunction with the quality team and in collaboration with operations, measure the costs of non-quality, identify opportunities for improvement and make the necessary corrections to reduce the costs of non-quality.
- Ensure the resolution of corrective action requests and product failures.
- Conduct audits.
- Evaluate project status for technical milestones and gates.
More about us
- You are recognized for your leadership, your ability to work in a team and to bring a team to adhere to an approach, an idea, a concept. Fully committed to the realization of his mandates, the candidate is autonomous, analytical and a good communicator both orally and in writing. In addition, he/she is organized, results-oriented and very rigorous.
- Bachelor's degree student in science or engineering
- Good knowledge of French and English, both spoken and written.
- Knowledge of leading industrial engineering standards and process improvement
- Knowledge of recognized problem-solving processes and statistical process control is an asset
Named to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.