At Amazon Recruiting Engine (RE), we are customer obsessed and think big. As part of the Amazon HR organization, we directly influence the future growth of Amazon. To achieve this goal we are seeking a passionate Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE)
We are seeking a driven and innovative QAE to help build the next generation of recruiting systems. The team has a high quality bar, will live and breathe sound development practices, and will iterate quickly to deliver the best user experiences. Come be part of a team that directly shapes and influences the future growth of Amazon!
As an QAE on this team, you will have the opportunity to influence design and architectural choices which impact our system, our workflow, and most importantly, our customers.
You will need to be able to work efficiently and effectivity in a fast-paced, multiple-team environment. You should have a solid combination of Quality Assurance knowledge and Software Development Best Practices. You will be working with other engineers to identify testability issues, automation opportunities and implement continuous delivery solutions. You will advocate for Quality and champion for best practices by sharing your expertise.
Key job responsibilities
Implement test automation using automated test frameworks and tools to support multiple engineering teams across Recruiting Engine.
Helping define software engineering test best practices and providing technical mentorship to other members of the engineering team.
Utilize innovative test technologies to develop the test automation strategy and relevant tools to improve test efficiency.
Building continuous test and deployment systems.
Analyze test logs; create automation reports, co-ordinate with stakeholders.
A day in the life
You will be working on a team that owns the UI integration framework, to design and build the right test automation solutions that meet the needs of both the framework and the other tenant applications. You will have direct ownership over the tests that aimed at improving the quality of the applications. Furthermore, you will be working directly with Developers, Development Managers, from multiple teams to ensure the quality development and quality of our applications and frameworks.
About the team
The team owns the full experience of recruiting funnel. We are continuously experimenting, measuring, and learning because recruiting teams deserve an experience that is respectful, straightforward, and frustration-free. We combine product development, technology investments, UX research, scientific analysis, big data analytics, and process optimization.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in manual testing
- 4+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- Experience in automation testing
- Passion for testing and advocating for quality
- At least 4 years experiences with strong knowledge of Quality Assurance Methodologies and tools
- Ability to develop test plans and automated tests
- Experience with testing for both web applications and back end services
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to understand technical requirements and analyze logs
- Programming experience in Java, C# or C++
- Demonstrated creativity and initiative in improving test coverage and effectiveness.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with defining test strategy, writing test plans, test execution and designing, implementing and maintaining high quality test automation.
- Experience crafting unit, integration, functional and regression tests in a Unix environment.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs.
- Familiarity with Java unit testing frameworks.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Law Enforcement and Security Quality Assurance