As our Project Manager, you are the conduit between our clients and the delivery team. Your top priority is to build strong and trusting relationships with our customers. Your day is filled with variety as you work with clients, and internal stakeholders to ensure your projects stay on time, on budget and in sync with client needs.
Traction on Demand's hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here's what we mean by that: Culture
Culture at Traction on Demand isn't about drinking beer and playing ping-pong - it's much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don't just sit on a glossy page. We live by them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are - do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand - you've got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just "git 'r done." Skills
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
What You Will Be Doing Planning and Project Management
- Bachelor's degree in business or computer science, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in a client-facing role managing IT based projects
- Ability to interact with a customer's executives and demonstrate strategic understanding of business needs
- Hands-on experience with one or more CRM software products (Salesforce.com, Siebel, Clarify, Vantive, PeopleSoft, NetSuite) would be a strong asset
- Any project management-related certification (CAPM, PMP, etc.) is an asset
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (formulas, data cleansing, data manipulation)
- Plan projects in order to accomplish their goals within constraints such as time, cost and agreed quality standards
- Schedule tasks, deadlines and milestones for stakeholders and resources
- Identify schedule uncertainties and project risks
- Coordinate clients, service providers and internal team members
- Intimately understand the requirements of projects and ensure that work proceeds on-spec
- Evaluate deliverables prepared by the team to make sure the work meets requirements and maintains a high level of quality
- Efficiently and competently manage roadblocks when things go off-plan (due to scope-creep, changed requirements, missed deadlines, etc.) and bring them back on-plan or create a new plan
- Monitor and report on the progress of projects
If you're interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we'll reach out to you if we are interested in moving forward.
- Articulate design rationale and function strategy as it directly relates to accomplishing goals set out (where applicable)
- Ensure client expectations are met and exceeded in terms of quality of product and service delivered
- Provide soft-sales (up-selling opportunities) or articulate these opportunities to the appropriate channelsPresent work to the client throughout production process
- Support and help trouble-shoot delivered work during project and post-project
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we're about improving the way companies do business by using technology - salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world's largest firms and not-for-profit organizations. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Please note, employment is contingent on successful completion of background and reference checks.
Traction on Demand
Customer Service and Support