129 rue St-Jacques O
Job Family Group:
Strategy & ChangeBMO Bank of Montreal Corporate Real Estate- Office Design and Construction Team Project Manager
BMO is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join their Design and Construction team as a Project Manager. This opportunity will apply to those who are interested and have experience in Corporate Real Estate and Retail environment.
The Project Manager is accountable for the design, construction and project management of multiple simultaneous projects of the Bank's retail network. Responsibilities include managing and directing an outsourced team of project managers, designers, architects, engineering consultants and preferred suppliers. This role is accountable for the compliance and governance over corporate design and implementation of standards. It is accountable for the successful completion of quality projects, meeting project goals and critical success factors including cost minimization, and ensuring an exceptional customer service.
We are seeking a candidate whom understands the task of incorporating their unique project management skills with the most effective solutions on time and within budget. In addition to this, you need to have strong organization skills and the ability to prioritize multiple on-going projects at varied design and construction stages. You are expected to maintain open and collaborative communication with internal and external consultants, general contractors, designers, technologists and clients. Responsibilities:
- Manage the design and construction of multiple projects (new builds and renovations) of the Bank's retail network as assigned.
- Direct and Manage external team of project management partners, designers, architects, engineering consultants, and preferred suppliers.
- Create project deliverables including the specified level of quality, timelines, resources and budgets.
- Manage all costs for the assigned construction projects.
- Recommend revisions to standards to save money with substantially diminishing quality and end product.
- Ensure that terms and conditions of pricing and service agreements with partners, consultants and preferred suppliers are adhered to.
- Monitor and challenge project budget estimates and analyses actual costs to ensure proper control of expenditures with approved amounts.
- Plan, prepare and maintain project schedules.
- Create and review project documentation and reports in order to monitor and control.
- Accurate reporting.
- Implement established Bank Standards and ensure that they are adhered to by Bank's outsourced Project Management partners, consultants and suppliers, ensuring compliance and consistency through the enterprise.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure that the quality of project management service provided are fulfilling the requirements of the clients and project objectives.
- Consistently manage stakeholder expectation and negotiates with project stakeholder to determine most accurate and appropriate definition of project scope and schedule.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience, of which must be progressive roles in Corporate Real Estate, Construction management, Interior Design, or Strategic Planning
- PMP - Preferable
- Working knowledge of interior construction and drawing detailing
- Extensive knowledge of retail interiors and the design process, including space planning, budgeting, furniture, fixtures and equipment (FF&E), specifications, construction drawings, and contract administration
- Demonstrate ability to build relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external parties
- Solid presentation, written and verbal communication skills which bring clarity and precision at various decision-making meetings
- Solid problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, time management, analytical skills
- Understanding of core project management skills
- Ability to engage/ effectively communicate/ liaise with senior-level/ executive relationships
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Leads assigned projects from project initiation to implementation to achieve desired business results. Ensures that a successful business outcome is the prime measure of project success including delivering projects on time, within budget, within quality standards and to the satisfaction of the project sponsor. Drives to mitigate execution risk to achieve the desired business outcomes. Understands the business/group and facilitates communication with other program/project managers and stakeholders efficiently and effectively. Directs, manages, and coordinates team members including other project managers, business and technology resources, user groups, internal and external consultants and contractors, as well as vendors and external regulatory organizations.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to assigned business/group.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Manages/validates financial forecasts and conducts ongoing reconciliation.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Directs projects often within one business group involving multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Exercises direct accountability for projects with up to 25 team members.
- Negotiates contracts with external vendors (in consultation with Strategic Sourcing) to ensure receipt of specific resources and materials.
- Manages overall project budget.
- Provides guidance to the project sponsor on the implementation and sustainment of projects, resulting in successful project outcomes.
- Manages all aspects of the project lifecycle, including business, operational and technology deliverables. Ensures all project processes are completed.
- Ensures change management plans are developed, socialized and consistently measured to deliver the expected project benefits and adoption.
- Executes project requirements in governance frameworks focused on risk appetite, regulatory and compliance standards.
- Develops all related project management artifacts, while complying with applicable enterprise standards
- Monitors and controls project deliverables. Makes recommendations and adjustments to the overall project plan to achieve deliverables,
- Provides project sponsor with advice on the viability of the business case (costs, benefits, KPIs, etc.) throughout the project.
- Understands project interdependencies and demonstrates critical thinking that proactively identifies project risks and establishes effective risk mitigation from the outset.
- Demonstrates stakeholder partnership that involves effective communicating with the project sponsor; gains and builds trust and rapport.
- Demonstrates ownership and commitment by holding themselves accountable for the identification and resolution of project problems.
- Leads and/or represents the project in project team meetings, governance forums and inter-department forums.
- Adheres to Bank risk, regulatory and compliance controls.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
We're here to help
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Project management experience - 3 to 6 years.
- Valid PMP designation from the Project Management Institute (PMI) is an asset.
- Entrepreneurial skills - Working.
- Judgement skills - Working.
- Learning agility - Working.
- Stakeholder management - In-depth.
- Able to navigates challenging situations effectively.
- Able to apply project management methodologies or approaches.
- Able to resolve project issues effectively.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
- Bilingual (English and French).
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Management and Executive