At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world. The Opportunity:
KPMG Montreal Linguistic Services are seeking an Accounting quality controller of translations
(from English to French) within their client dedicated team.
This role is permanent position, working remotely.
The candidate must have at least five to eight years of experience in auditing and/or accounting to perform quality control of translations from an accounting point of view of financial and technical documents in a structured professional environment within an accounting firm. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Review of financial documents (financial statements, MD&A, press releases and other technical documents, such as internal presentations or courses, of an accounting or auditing nature) translated by internal or freelance professional translators to ensure quality from an accounting/technical point of view (especially in French, but also sometimes in English)
- Research of accounting concepts to ensure that we understand what is mentioned in the source language of the document to make sure that they have been properly translated in the target language
- Communicate with translators to explain the changes requested
- Manage multiple deadlines with various stakeholders
- Support the Linguistic Services team from a Risk Management perspective with regards to regulatory standards governing accounting firms
- Draft/approve engagement letters
- Approve translation opinions related to financial documents with respect to Prospectuses
- CPA with at least 5 years of accounting experience in audit and/or accounting
- Good understanding of accounting standards
- Bilingualism (must have a very good level of understanding in English and French)
- Good organizational sense, autonomy and good skills in planning and managing time
- Team spirit, able to work well and communicate with others, especially in terms of explaining accounting concepts to non-accountants
- Good knowledge of general regulatory restrictions related to accounting firms
Keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.