The Product Manager&rsquo s primary focus is to accomplish key activities related to the front end of the business. The main objectives are to provide leadership in product development and life-cycle strategy, market analysis & requirements management, cost reduction strategy, pricing & bids, product technical presentations to support business development activities and business cases for new products. The assignments for this position are typically of medium value, complexity and/or criticality. Primary Activities:
- Performs Product / Market assessments as input into the product development and marketing plans
- Establishes Product Development and Marketing Plans based on:
- SWOT Analysis
- Inputs from Business Development
- Lessons learned on programs
- Market analysis
- Requirements trend analysis
- Corporate Business objectives
- Manages internally funded and externally funded development programs
- Adheres to best program management practices
- Maximizes leverage of sales with development activities
- Coordinates product bids and proposal
- Supports trade-offs with potential customers
- Leads proposal team to develop winning solutions
- Performs accurate costing (in-line with actual performance of organization)
- Prepares pricing information, management summaries etc. as required
- Seeks appropriate approvals
- Prepares proposal package as required
Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent technical/business education.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in relevant technical field. Ideally exposed to satellite subsystems.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant technologies, products, services and methods, specifically in the areas of terrestrial and naval RADAR and EW electronics and antennas.
- Self-motivated with good interpersonal skills.
- Team player and demonstrates a high level of integrity
- Strong analytical skills along with strong creativity
- Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met.
- Result orientated and exhibits excellent critical thinking
- Works well in a dynamic environment where some of the parameters are unknown and some change regularly.
- Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service.
- Industry and market awareness
- Ability to cope with significant workload peaks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both French and English.
Posted: August 17, 2018
Closes: September 15, 2018