Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
The TD Insurance General Insurance Product and Business Performance Group has a mandate to identify and monitor new market and industry trends, developing product roadmap to meet the needs of current and potential customers through a robust suite of automobile, recreational vehicles and home products. This group plays a key role in defining and executing the product strategy and overall direction of the business with accountability for the P&L including profitability, volume, and market share.Job Description
• Oversee the end to end management of the UBI insurance products, monitoring performance, identifying areas of opportunity, developing recommendations and driving changes to achieve business and financial objectives. Deliver financial results via operation of all available levers.
• Develop an in-depth understanding of the Telematics products and a solid understanding of customer needs, competitive landscape, as well as trends in the General Insurance industry to assist in identifying new business opportunities. Provide thought leadership and industry knowledge and participate in knowledge transfer within the team and business unit
• Act as source for innovation through customer insights and creating a better customer/employee experience. Management, design, development and implementation of new and innovative telematics products and product enhancements to meet customer's needs and achieve business objectives, using product management best practices
• Manage a team of professionals by providing direction, leadership and by supporting their development. Contribute to team development of skills and capabilities through mentorship, by sharing knowledge and experiences and leveraging best practices
• Build and maintain effective relationships with key internal stakeholders and/or external partners to ensure that customer needs are considered in strategic decisions and in the development of options, solutions and alternatives. Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure the product meets customers, business and regulatory objectives and standards.
• Support the management of third party vendors to deliver on new products or provide enhancements to existing products
• Lead the development of end to end process for product review/development, implementation, use, reporting and feedback on products with multiple analyses, collaborating with other product groups, distribution channels, specialist areas and others as necessary
• Support communication to Senior Leadership team as a subject matter expert through all forms of written and verbal presentations
• Assist in development and implementation of the business strategy that aligns with overall value proposition and contributes to future objectives of the overall businessRequirements
• 5 to 10 years General Insurance experience including telematics product expertise
• Demonstrated strategic & innovative thinking, analytical skills. Use of customer insights in approach to defining business strategy.
• Demonstrated relationship building and leadership skills with a superior ability to make things happen through the use of impact and influence and by nurturing key relationships;
• Ability to synthesize large amounts of information into concise, actionable summaries for an executive audience
• Strong organization skills, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple deadlines and priorities;
• Capacity to identify and evaluate business opportunities; shows excellent judgment;
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Strong customer orientation and a professional approach with the ability to interact with all levels within the organization;
• Self-motivated, team player with high energy and ability to work independently;
• Strong knowledge of products and of the General Insurance market
• Undergraduate degree in business administration or related discipline
• Preference will be given to applicants with previous telematics and product management experienceHours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.