MONTRÉAL | CALGARY
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Procurement, the Procurement Category Manager, HR and Professional Services will be responsible for the development of category strategies and for the execution of the plan outlined in the strategy. The HR and Professional Services procurement category includes (but is not limited to) the following sub-categories: Employee Services & Benefits, Recruitment, Marketing, PR, and Legal Services. This individual will source and procure goods and services needed to ensure operational efficiency of the business. This role is a great opportunity for a highly experienced commercial professional to manage a portfolio of categories and lead a small team who will contribute to the delivery of commercially favourable outcomes and optimal value to WSP Canada.
- Leads a team of Procurement Specialist(s) who will manage a portfolio of sub-categories to support WSP Canada's operations
- Responsible for the development, implementation, management, and performance of sourcing strategies within the HR and Professional Services Procurement Category, to meet business goals and objectives.
- Manages the assessment, selection, and development of strategic suppliers to meet best cost and performance goals.
- Manages supplier relationships, develops and monitors supplier improvement plans
- Establishes a strong network and fosters collaboration with suppliers, key stakeholders, and team members
- Conducts research and benchmarks current market conditions/trends, developing technologies, stakeholder requirements and supply/demand challenges.
- Develops Request for Proposals (RFPs), complete analyses and evaluates proposals, selects, and recommends suppliers, writes awards, and manages resulting contracts
- Carries our strategic negotiations internally and externally at a senior level
- Develops commercial agreements with strategic suppliers to minimize total cost of ownership and maximize value to drive competitive advantage
- Establishes Key Performance Indicators, maintains supplier performance database and report metrics
- Ensures that all daily work and projects effectively support the delivery of ESG expectations.
- Open and transparent in their relationships and able to develop a high level of trust and work in a matrix environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, or similar field
- Minimum of 10 years of sourcing and/or procurement experience
- Minimum of 5 years of sourcing and/or procurement experience related to HR and/or Professional Services
- Able to communicate (written/speaking) in both French & English
- Previous experience with multi-national companies
- Strong commercial acumen with proven category and contract management capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategy
- Strong problem solving, strategic and analytical capability
- Ability to achieve outcomes through influencing and collaboration with others
- Strong communication and coaching skills
- Effective time management and personal organizational skills
- Able to work independently and to receive feedback
- Good working knowledge of MS Office
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset
- People management experience is an asset
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians