1250 Rene-Levesque Boulevard West.
Job Family Group:
Wealth Sales & Service
Consistently provide high quality sales and fulfillment support for existing and prospective Platinum Banking clients with the objective of exceeding customer expectations. Will understand the requirements of lending and have knowledge of banking portfolio management. Seeks, recognizes, and acts upon opportunities to expand business relationships with clients.
Client & Relationship Management
- Client & Relationship Management
- Administrative/Sales Support
- Team Participation
- Risk Management
- Provide a superior level of courteous, knowledgeable, friendly and professional service to all existing and prospective clients relating to Platinum Banking services for delivery of the desired client experience
- Take ownership of client inquiries/concerns/complaints, ensuring timely resolution
- Develops a rapport and instills confidence with the client in order to develop credibility as a representative of the Private Bank
- Assists in preparing new business proposals or presentations to clients/prospects based upon their needs, BPB products & services, competitive pricing and committed service capabilities
- Assist the Private Bankers in preparing for client meetings and account opening documentation
- Develop and maintain knowledge and understanding of integrated services and offerings, with a focus on banking products and procedures
- Perform client sales & service support activities as required to meet client needs and maintain overall service standards
- Provide timely, accurate service and support to Private Bankers through the completion of credit and non-credit related activities
- Identify opportunities to increase profitability, create capacity and reduce expenses
- Recognize potential new business opportunities and refer/discuss them with the Relationship Manager (both within BPB and BMO as a whole)
- Ensure timely and accurate set-up and maintenance of accounts (including account set-ups, account transfer initiation, and documentation)
- Provide after sales support and handle exceptions tactfully, accurately and efficiency in accordance with Bank policy
- Participate in internal projects and initiatives of varying scope and responsibility
- Participate in team meetings and conference calls as applicable
- Take initiative, be accountable, and work in a team-orientated environment
- Cross trains with other individuals within support team to ensure coverage is maintained at all times. Shares knowledge with team members.
- Ensure proper adherence to all aspects of First Principles Our Code of Conduct and Ethics
- Follow security and safeguarding procedures and apply appropriate due diligence for the prevention of loss due to fraud, counterfeiting money laundering or defalcation in accordance with Bank policy
- Protect the Bank's assets by adhering to all banking, investment and lending regulations (as appropriate), Policies and Procedures, legal and ethical requirements, process requirements, bank guidelines and established risk guidelines
- Accountable to mitigate risks identified and make credit recommendations/decisions that are in accordance with sound credit-granting principles and in compliance with the Bank's philosophy and principles outlined in Corporate Risk Policy as well as appropriate supporting Policies and Procedures
- Participate in audits and compliance reviews as assigned
- Accountable for preparing and reviewing account documentation
- Identify and escalate all irregularities and discrepancies to management.
- Undergraduate diploma or equivalent industry experience
- Advanced knowledge of personal (primarily) and commercial credit and non-credit products and services
- Working knowledge of mutual fund/investment products
- Working knowledge of BMO Investment Management & Trust products and services
- Banking industry experience (1-4 years)
- RISR (CSC preferred)
- "Qualified Without Limits" required at a Working level
We're here to help
- Strong customer service focus
- Communication skills (Advanced)
- Able to multi-task
- Able to handle high pressure situations with tight turnaround
- Organization skills (Working)
- Advanced knowledge of computer applications (Word, Excel and Optimizer)
- Ability to deal with complex, controversial, and sensitive Platinum Banking issues (Advanced)
- Open to change and acts as a change agent for new initiatives (Advanced)
- Demonstrated history of responsiveness and problem-solving capabilities
- Additional Accountabilities
- Participate in client presentations (Advanced)
- Support the Client Care role during peak periods and shortages
- Participate in research, analysis and marketing (Working)
- Project support/coordination (Working)
- Conduct PBO Training (Working)
- Solicit referrals and suggest increased offerings (Working)
- Proactively identify and recommend opportunities for process improvement, customer service and technology
- Mentor new employees (Working)
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Mandarin as 3rd language is required.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Sales and Marketing