Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) is a worldwide provider of network security appliances and the market leader in unified threat management (UTM). Our products and subscription services provide broad, integrated and high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT security infrastructure. Fortinet is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., with offices around the world. If you're looking for a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding environment, then Fortinet is the place for you. We are an equal opportunity employer offering exciting work, competitive compensation and benefits. Fortinet is looking for the best and the brightest to join our highly motivated team.
We are looking for a PreSales Security Expert to work closely with a sales representative in a defined territory. The PreSales Security Expert's main mission will be to support the sales organization in all technical matters regarding pre-sales, sales calls, customer POC's (proof of concepts) and post-sales. Responsibilities:
• Pre-sales - assist in qualifying sales leads from a technical standpoint.
• Sales calls - be the main technical resource on sales calls and answer/ educate the customer on issues ranging from features, specifications and functionality to integration.
• Conversant with networking applications and solutions.
• Post-sales - be the lead technical contact for identified accounts for technical issues and will work closely with the technical support team and engineering to answer, elevate and resolve customer's technical issues.
• Provide assistance to identified customers with post-sales training.
• Regularly interface, provides presales support and assist in training Fortinet Channel partners in your region.
• Presenting at events, seminars, customer and partner meetings
• Flexible to travel. Travel will primarily be within the SE's designated region, but may also include occasional travel to other regions. Required Skills:
• 3 - 8 years experience in technical/pre-sales support as a pre-sales or security expert
• 5 - 7 years experience in LAN/WAN/Internet services administration
• Ability to design network and security solutions, effectively utilize Visio, ability to create BOMs (Bill of Materials)
• Knowledge of the following technologies: Routing, Switching, VPN, LAN, WAN, Network Security, Stateful Firewalling, NGFW, Firewall policies, Identity based policies, NAT, IPS, AntiMalware, Botnet, Application Control, DDoS, Web Filtering
• Strong understanding in the following technologies and protocols: TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6, supernetting and subnetting, DNS, HTTP, SMTP, RADIUS, LDAP, Active Directory, PKI, IKE, Certificates, L2TP, SSL Decryption, SSL VPN, IPSEC, NAT, Stateful Firewall, Firewall Policies, 802.1Q, VLANs, LACP, MD5, SSH, SSL, SHA1, SHA512, 3DES, AES
• Experience with encryption and authentication technologies required
• Strong technical troubleshooting skills desired
• Strong presentation skills
• Strong communication and writing skills. Previous experience on responding to RFP's is beneficial.
• White board skills are beneficial.
• Technical knowledge in Wifi, Load Balancing and Application Delivery, Ethernet Switching, ACI, API, Two Factor Auth, Malware Sandboxes, Mail Gateways, Web Application Firewalling, Cloud (AWS, Azure, etc), SDN, NFV, Virtualization, Centralized Management, SIEM, and Data Center redundancy are considered assets.
• Previous Vendor or Reseller experience is an asset. Education:
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
#LI-KJ1Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) secures the largest enterprise, service provider, and government organizations around the world. Fortinet empowers its customers with intelligent, seamless protection across the expanding attack surface and the power to take on ever-increasing performance requirements of the borderless network - today and into the future. Only the Fortinet Security Fabric architecture can deliver security features without compromise to address the most critical security challenges, whether in networked, application, cloud or mobile environments. Fortinet ranks number one in the most security appliances shipped worldwide and more than 450,000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their businesses.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Fortinet is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in our company, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Software and Programming Information Technology