800 rue de la Gauchetiere O
Job Family Group:
Finance & AccountingDescription
To provide accurate and timely reporting of daily PnL for the Global Prime Finance desk. Responsible for the Daily and Monthly reconciliation of PnL between the General Ledger and the Front Office Shared Product Systems. PnL Analyst - GMO - Global Prime
- Responsible for accurate and timely reporting, distribution and sign off of daily P&L focusing on Global Prime Finance Desk
- Provide commentary on daily P&L movement
- Perform daily valuation and analyze portfolio value changes
- Ensure all issues affecting valuation and/or P&L are addressed in a timely manner
- Ensure all procedures are in compliance with SOX / Internal / External Audit
- Prepare position reconciliations to facilitate risk monitoring and to substantiate P&L results.
- Manage daily P&L reporting to Trading desk, Risk and Finance
- Prepare variance analysis and provide commentary on the balance sheets and income statements for Finance
- Daily and Month End reconciliation between the General Ledger and the Front Office Shared Product Systems.
- Assist with various departmental initiatives and requests as required.
- Strong finance/accounting background (University Degree) and/or Accounting Designation.
- Strong business acumen and analytical thinker. Requires great attention to details.
- Ability to work in a highly demanding environment with challenging and often very short, conflicting deadlines.
- Exceptional Excel and Access skills (including VBA macros and database management).
• University degree/college diploma or equivalent work experience
• 3 to 5 years of related experience
• Good knowledge of standard desktop applications used by the business unit
• Strong knowledge and understanding of the business unit's key products and services, processes and controls
• Strong understanding of the business unit's risk and regulatory requirements
• Good knowledge of departmental systems and applicationsSkills:
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong investigation skills
• Strong prioritization skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong customer service and relationship management skills
• Good change leadership skills
• Good coaching and training skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environmentWe're here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Sales and Marketing