Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Administrator will play an important role in the payroll day-to-day administration. The selected candidate will provide internal client support and be an integral part of the service's excellence. The selected candidate will be primarily responsible for ensuring high quality and efficient payroll administration. Why Work With WSP?
We offer competitive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future. #WeAre WSP A day in the life:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging.
- Our Flexible Work Policy - We recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - We are proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.>
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain. WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - We are growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday. We are open to your ideas and trying new things.
- WSP embraces a culture of exceptional collaboration with colleagues who are distinguished both by their skills and by the humility they show in their important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Perform a full range of activities in the Canadian payroll centre of excellence;
- Validate timesheets;
- Manage the payroll process associated with hiring and termination;
- Make adjustments for insurance and holidays
- Create reports;
- Update payslips;
- Make special data entries (alimony, etc.);
- Coordinate problem solving and requests related to policies and procedures;
- Answer payroll-related questions from managers and employees;
- Carry out any other related tasks deemed relevant.
- Minimum of 5 year of experience in payroll administration in an organization with a large volume of employees;
- This position requires bilingualism as you will collaborate with colleagues and clients on a national level;
- Good knowledge of Canadian labour laws;
- Dynamic and a good team player; Excellent organizational skills;
- Strong analytical, priority management and multi-tasking skills;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel;
- Knowledge of the ADP payroll system (an asset);
- Experience using Deltek Vision (an asset);
- Title with CPA (an asset).
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance