Line of Service
Internal Firm ServicesIndustry/Sector
IFS - AdministrationManagement Level
AdministrativeJob Description & Summary
A career in Administration and Secretarial Services, within Internal Firm Services, will give you with the opportunity to provide administrative support to PwC employees. You'll focus on using business software applications to prepare reports, receiving and directing incoming calls or emails to the appropriate parties, arranging business travel, tracking expenses, and coordinating meeting arrangements.
Our team is led by the national administrative services team that oversees executive assistants and team assistants, administrative support concierge, dual support specialists, office services, document production, meeting and events, and project management. You'll help our team with calendar management, internal and external client scheduling, travel arrangements, expense reconciliation, client or account research, report generation and review, and routine communication management.
To really stand out and make us ﬁt for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
At the Administrative level, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Consistently deliver on multiple commitments.
- Flex approach to meet the changing needs of teams and clients.
- Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
- Learn about how business needs are changing and consider the impact on services provided.
- Take action to stay up to date with the evolution and impact of technology developments.
- Adapt communication style to meet the needs of the situation and audience.
- Anticipate the needs of others and take appropriate action.
- Embrace diverse perspectives and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.Responsibilities:Calendar management - monitor and/or manage assigned partner(s) Google calendar. This includes responsibility for: arranging internal and external meetings, responding to changing priorities; the coordination of meeting logistics and the preparation of supporting material.E-mail - monitor e-mail at the direction of assigned partner(s). This includes reviewing email for meeting invitations and taking action on specific requests at the direction of the partner.Meeting Arrangements -Reserve conference rooms and arrange for catering, printing, set up conference calls using WebEx, Google Hangouts and video conference arrangements. Provide restaurant reservations, cancellations, recommendations. Organize logistics and materials for internal/external client and/or firm meetings on behalf of the partner.Travel and expenses - Assist with travel arrangements - make booking in advance, prepare itinerary, coordinate last minute changes (flights, cars, hotels, team communications). Assist with passport and visa issues, maintain travel profiles. Assist with directions and local points of interest. Provide recurring review and submission of expenses. Proactively assist with Amex expense reconciliation.Other ResponsibilitiesManage and update partner profiles and biographies on internal systems (e.g. Spark, LinkedIn and TalentLink).Process invoices via ePayables as directed by partner.Provide support for firm technology and changes in firm policy.Other general administrative duties as defined on the PA Menu of Services.Function as a backup for other team members and contribute to other teaming activities as directed.Career Profile:Strong client service focus. Commitment to delivering high quality service to both external and internal clients, displaying an image of professionalism, discretion, integrity and tact.The ability to work well both independently and in a team environment, by creating a positive working atmosphere, and supporting each other to combine individual strengths to enhance team performance support.Excellent judgement and strong problem solving skills, including a proactive approach to working with staff and clients at all levels while demonstrating flexibility.Exceptional organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities.Effective listening skills; excellent oral and written communication.Extensive technical knowledge and proficiency in Google Mail, Google Calendar, Google Hangouts, Lotus Notes, WebEx, iPhone, iPad and social media tools, i.e., LinkedIn etc.Must be able to demonstrate intermediate proficiency levels in Google Applications (Docs, Sheets, Slides), and MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).Confidence in ability to work in a highly technical and ever changing work environment.Requirements:This role is best suited to an individual who has a minimum of 5 or more years of relevant experience, or applicable transferable skills, supporting multiple staff at a senior level.Previous experience working in a partnership or professional services firm is an asset.High school diploma required. A post-secondary education is an asset.Bilingualism is a requirement.Preferred working hours: Flexible working hours and ability to work overtime when required. Education
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Not SpecifiedAvailable for Work Visa Sponsorship?
NoGovernment Clearance Required?
NoJob Posting End Date
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.