Part-Time Casual Shooter Editor
Are you ready to take your career to new heights and be a part of a dynamic team at Rogers Sports & Media? We believe in creativity, innovation, and collaboration in everything we do, and we are looking for people who share this mindset to join us. With a monthly reach of 30 million Canadians, you can help shape the future of sports, news, e-commerce, and entertainment. At Rogers, we value diversity and inclusivity and believe that every voice matters. Join us today and be a part of a team that is redefining the future of media.
We're looking for aPart-Time (Casual) Shooter / Editorto help us grow the Rogers Sports & Media brand and connect with our multicultural, diverse and wide audience and team partners through personalized communications and activities.What you will do...
What you will bring...
- Support our CityNews and OMNI teams in creating news content for our broadcasts and digital platforms.
- Contribute to our digital strategy by shooting, editing, and posting content to digital platforms.
- Operate ENG/EFP and Mobile Device cameras and equipment with a high-level of technical skill and artistic competence.
- Record, ingest and edit content on Grass Valley Stratus and Edius system to the highest professional standards.
- Ensure that all equipment and materials are checked and in working order as to meet the needs of the assignment.
- Operate various control room equipment and automation systems from Ross Video, Yamaha, Sony and Sennheiser
- Be accountable to our internal customers, providing concise, clear communication.
- Continuously monitor integral systems, email, and all communications in partnership with our in-house content production teams.
- Maximize utilization of available resources for the ever-growing requirements of Rogers Sports and Media market leading content offerings, and liaise with management and engineering on all technical maintenance and repair related issues.
Here's what you can expect in return:
- Experience operating Sony ENG/EFP XDCAM camcorders.
- Familiarity with non-linear editing systems and editing concepts with proven video editing experience.
- Proven experience shooting and editing news content.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills to operate various broadcast control systems and peripherals.
- Strong production, editorial and storytelling skills.
- An ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- A good understanding of French and English.
- Ability to work daytime, evening and weekend shifts as required.
- A willingness and desire to learn, develop and grow.
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers.
- Appropriate and comprehensive training for success to win as a team!
- A team that trusts and wants to win together.
Schedule: Part time
Length of Contract: No Selection
Work Location: 1200, avenue McGill College (179), Montreal, QC
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & TV Operations
Requisition ID: 303266
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes:Rogers Sports & Media
Montreal, QC, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
QC, Equity, Engineer, Part Time, Quality, Finance, Engineering
Apply now »