Support the Finance function on the Operational Support Team. Provide results-oriented guidance in resolving system issues, as well as delivering modifications and enhancements. Closely communicate and coordinate with Finance leaders in prioritization of work to ensure timely resolution to the most important issues and enhancements, while ensuring changes are in line with the Global system template. Ensure process controls are followed and documented properly to ensure system stability, performance, and functionality. Responsibilities:
Experience & Skills:
- Work closely with the Global Finance Leaders to ensure the system stability and that it is performing as designed
- Monitor track systems to ensure timely resolution to issues or requested enhancements
- Ensure requested changes support the Global system template
- Partner with the development, integration, and testing teams to produce quality and timely results.
- Work closely with the other functional teams to ensure cross functional impact are identified, addressed and aligned
- Make recommendations on system configuration to support business goals and objectives.
- 5+ years related experience with Oracle ERP Finance Module and Client System applications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Finance, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Experience with Oracle Fusion applications and PaaS technologies
- Experience in AEC industry is preferred
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and functional judgment
- Experience and creativity in troubleshooting data conversions, integrations, and/or software application problems
- Experience managing multiple tasks & priorities to meet deadlines
- Able to diagnose and solve process issues and evaluate impact on business. Able to provide alternative solutions as required
- Able to solve complex problems using interpolative thought processes, an orderly approach to decision making, and recognizing similarities in past situations
- Ability to influence others to gain support, and actively work to implement improvements in issue resolution processes
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.