800 rue de la Gauchetiere O
Job Family Group:
This role is part of Enterprise Reconciliation, IMatch Business support function. It requires monitors, restores service, changes, supports, and handles day-to-day activities required to run the mission critical systems for the company ensuring business service levels are met and environments are managed. Monitors and ensures service restoration of infrastructure, applications (online and offline), and security, while meeting service level agreements.
Provides Reconciliation Business support, as well as coordinates and facilitates Incident Management, deploys changes to the production environment, and engages 3rd party providers contracted to the Bank during an incident. Provides immediate response to production program or system problems. Participates in testing cycles to ensure the ability to deploy and operability of infrastructure and applications. Deploys, implements, provisions applications and infrastructure per deployment plans and infrastructure build guides.
- Works with development teams to build solutions that use enterprise monitoring/logging, are "self-healing", and require minimal to zero maintenance.
- Possesses strong technical and/or business functional knowledge of systems, timing and dependencies.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Monitors and tracks performance and address any issues.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Leads/Conducts incident recovery and detailed root case analysis.
- Deploys manual code to production environment.
- Facilitates or completes analysis, design and configuration of viable solutions to highly complex technology problems that would improve data center and support activities.
- Provides end to end technology support including computer, applications, network and storage, and root-cause analysis etc.
- Drives and/or promotes new processes, systems, technology, and operations and expanded capabilities for performance, with the flexibility to align to the unique requirements of the project teams and deliverables.
- Proactively monitors system performance and identifies operational improvements, in ensuring smooth and consistent customer and business partner delivery.
- Supports deployment activities, managing implementation issues to resolution.
- Provides initial triage, investigation and ensures fast turnaround times on issue/incident resolution.
- Monitors technical infrastructure, applications and/or business transactions through automated systems and instrumentation across the environment.
- Provides inbound call assistance to end-users for application, technical, and IMACD needs leveraging the knowledge base and/or run books available.
- Collaborates and engages with the appropriate areas across the bank.
- Develops or helps to develop the knowledge assets required for the operation.
- Promotes adherence to standards and industry best practices.
- Develops an understanding of organizational interactions and complexity to engage with the appropriate matrix areas.
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the operational capability, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across technology.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
We're here to help
- Typically, 5 - 10 years of work experience in IT or business environment and/or B.S./B.A. in computer science, engineering, information systems, math or business.
- Understanding of FIS IntelliMatch Application, Reconciliation and change Management.
- Understanding of Information Technology operating processes used for systems to ensure effective delivery including but not limited to IT Operations mandatory operating standards for monitoring, logging, and alerting.
- Knowledge of support and operations practice, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and/or work experience.
- Technical and/or business functional knowledge of systems, tools, timing, and dependencies.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.