Operations ControllerTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Installation Products Division (formerly Thomas&Betts),is the number one manufacturer of electrification products in North America with a 125-year history of providing innovation and customer- focused solutions for connecting and protecting electrical systems, as well as a unique differentiated medium voltage offering. Our products are used all around you, every day - orbiting the earth, working on Mars, on the fastest trains we ride, in the fastest cars of the world, crossing oceans, in factories producing your food, in the tallest buildings of the world, in the most modern hotels and in the walls of your home. With a portfolio of more than 200,000 products marketed under more than 38 premium brand names, our Division offerings are found wherever electricity is used. As an operations controller and key partner of the controller of the business unit of the electrical installation products business line, you will be an essential member of his financial team located in St-Jean sur Richelieu, Quebec, Canada. You will help set up a business strategy that aligns with the broader strategies of the division and product groups.You will provide essential support to the business, ensuring the accurate tracking and processing of all transactions. You will translate business strategy into a plan and set measurable goals, assess the financial implications of various strategic decisions, identify risks, and recommend actions.Your responsibilities
- Supervise, coordinate the business planning and forecasting process for all manufacturing, resale, and distribution center operations in addition to serving as an interface with the senior business controller.
- Establish cost structures, optimize the productivity and capital efficiency while taking appropriate steps to improve financial performance and financial structure.
- Actively participate in the implementation of new financial and operational management systems.
- Ensure compliance with the internal guidelines and procedures as well as with the external regulatory requirements.
- Perform financial analyses, report to the chief operating officer and chief business controller, and make suggestions to improve performance.
- Implement and supervise the processes and tools to obtain transparent and reliable financial and business information.
- Ensure effective and timely communication with the relevant controllers, the accounting centre and other stakeholders to identify and discuss issues and suggest improvements.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in an accounting position.
- Hold a valid title of CPA in Québec.
- Experience with computerized accounting systems and financial report, including KBM, SAP.
- Attention to detail, precision, and ability to perform several tasks at the same time.
- Collaborative, solution-oriented approach and strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Fluency in French and English.
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Accident insurance
- Wellbeing program
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.For the 4th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada's top employers by Forbes Magazine and has been ranked #1 within the industry category. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, and Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.#LI-Hybrid
Operations and Logistics