Reporting to the Regional Safety Manager, the Multi-Site Safety Coordinator provides a support role in health & safety, training and licensing for the First Student (Transco) locations in Quebec and Ontario. RESPONSIBILITIES:
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE:
- Demonstrates and promotes a "Be Safe" (Behavioral Shaping toward Safety) atmosphere for assigned locations.
- Works with locations throughout Quebec and Ontario to ensure compliance and assists with Be Safe training and other safety initiatives. Must be willing to take the Be Safe instructor and coach course.
- Support Safety Audit at all assigned locations.
- Knowledge of the SAAQ/DCP processes and requirements for licensing.
- Knowledge of CNESST/WSIB processes and requirements for Injury claims.
- Advances safety awareness and protects a location's understanding of First Student/Transco's safety plans by providing assistance and guidance to operating locations on safety matters.
- Guides and ensures follow through on all incidents, collision and work-related injuries including, investigation, reports, files, registers and follows up with the claims office and adjusters as necessary. Provides post-incident counseling. Guides remedial actions in the aftermath of a safety related event including retraining.
- Communicates safety awareness and focuses on all aspects of safety, specifically current trends.
- Conducts regular facility inspections to include evaluation of safe work behaviors of all personnel and records findings.
- Monitors delivery of various training courses to ensure compliance with all federal, provincial and company requirements. Supports a consistent and uniform delivery of First Student's Professional Driver Development Program and In-Service Safety Training materials.
- Monitors locations record keeping and reporting for compliance
- Provides direction and guidance to Location Managers, Location Safety Managers, Trainers and location staff.
- Prepares the regular safety summary report for and provides regular updates to the Regional Safety Manager.
- Maintains a valid school bus license and endorsements.
- Must be available to travel for meetings within Canada and the United States.
- Valid Canadian Driver's License and clean motor vehicle record
- Three years' minimum transportation, safety or related experience
- Strong computer skills. with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Required Bilingual (French/English) verbal, written, presentation and relational communication skills, with the ability to appropriately interact with employees of all levels including drivers, customers, senior management, client representatives, union officials and general public
- Must possesses a valid passport.
- Knowledge of federal and provincial rules and regulations regarding safety and environmental issues preferred
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
- Office environment with 80% travel to locations within Quebec and Ontario
- Some field work (in bus and yard training and supervision) required
First Student is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority .
Administrative Operations and Logistics