Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
The Test and Learn Centre of Excellence is a newly formed function within the Advanced Analytics team responsible for analyzing strategic initiatives using a test and learn approach to evaluate and understand the impact of initiatives. Supporting a wide range of business functions within TD Insurance including product, claims and call centre, the team performs complex statistical analyses in order to estimate the causal impact of the tested initiatives. The role of the team includes conducting the statistical test or modeling, building and communicating the insight provided by the analysis as well as developing the appropriate tool in order to enable the capability to perform accurate test to other analytical department. Job Description Key Accountabilities
Provide subject matter expertise in test and learn by developing strategies to evaluate and optimize the measurement of business initiatives. Act as an ambassador of the test & learn methodologies in order to promote the methodologies for initiative measurement. Keep an eye on the latest methodological advancement in order to make sure that we use the most accurate and reliable methodologies to provide the client with the right insight of their results. End to end piloting of the project assigned to the employee from test ideation and methodology proposal to the presentation of results. .
- Lead test & learn measurement projects from initial identification, test design and data requirements to analysis and presentation of results and recommendations
- Develop robust statistical test or model that provide with accurate estimation of causal effect
- Use our bitbucket repository in order to track, comment and improve the code use to create the various model developed.
- Actively liaise with business partners to continuously identify Test & Learn opportunities that provide insights to improve key performance metrics including productivity and revenue generation.
- Manage the test and Learn pipeline of activities from request tracking and reporting of results
- Collaborate with internal partners across the test and learn lifecycle including data specialists to assess current capabilities and identify high-level business data requirements
- Provide clear & concise communications to senior management and business partners including how best to operationalize and maximize findings of test and learn initiatives
- Provide guidance/ assistance to other team members and internal partners on a broad range of processes
- Apply relevant statistical techniques to analysis and provide non-standard reporting, and operational support
- Help to develop a standardize tool that automatize some of the most general test and learn step.
- Continuously enhance knowledge / expertise in own area and keep current on emerging trends
/developments and grow knowledge of the business, analytical tools and techniques
- Prioritize and manage own workload to deliver quality results and meet assigned timelines
- Support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Establish effective relationships across multiple business and technology partners, program and project managers.
- Participate in knowledge transfer within the team and business units.
- Master's degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Mathematics, Informatics,…)
- Bachelor degree with additional relevant experience will be examined as well.
- A good degree of autonomy and organisation skill
- Being able to bridge the insight coming out of a model to business understandable insight.
- Good proficiency in at least R or Python and SQL
- 1-3 years of professional experience preferred
- Experience in building Machine learning model and interpreting them
- Experience in manipulating data via Apache spark or PySpark is a plus
- Experience in the general insurance business is a plus
- Experience with Git / Git bash is a plus
- Experience in conductiong project in an Agile environement is a plus
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.