MDA Geospatial Services is expanding the Mission Planning Operation team in support of the upcoming RCM mission operations in St. Hubert, QC. The MDA Mission Planning team has been operating RADARSAT-2, a Canadian commercial satellite, for ten years. With the addition of the RADARSAT Constellation Mission (RCM) operation, the mission planning team operation needs 2 Mssion Planners to support and provide high-resolution SAR imagery to customers around the world.
The Mission Planner will work under the supervision of the Lead Mission Planner to facilitate the order fulfillment in the various aspects of RADARSAT-2 and RCM Satellite operation: Order tracking, Mission planning, spacecraft planning.
This position is located at the MDA Control Centre, Canadian Space Agency Headquarters, in St Hubert, PQ. Responsibilities:
- Optimize the use of satellite resources while striving to achieve major stakeholders (e.g. CSA, CIS, DND &hellip ) satisfaction.
- Perform weekly and daily payload and spacecraft planning processes in accordance with defined procedures.
- Respond consistently to customers&rsquo requests (both internal and external) and facilitate order fulfillment processes.
- Maintain Order Handling System and Mission Planning Systems configuration (e.g. file based configuration items, operators account and privileges&hellip )
- Support spacecraft control pass activities.
- Keep operational procedures and software documentations up to date.
- Support for operational external reception facilities.
- Any other Mission Planning duties as assigned.
Other Aspects and Requirements
- Two to Five years related experience.
- Post-secondary Education in Geography / Remote Sensing, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant education.
- Experience with scripting languages and concept is essential.
- Ability to act quickly and decisively while following detailed operations procedures and process, especially during critical activity period.
- Experience with MS VS C++/C#, Java, XML, XML schemas, PostGres/PostGIS, MS SQL 2012 DB Server, crystal report, shell scripting and or GIS an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability of working in a team and changing environment and under pressure.
- Good problem solving, initiative, follow-through and excellent organizational skills.
- Location at the RCM Control Centre, CSA Headquarters, Longueuil, Quebec
- Normal and shift hours working, with weekly on-call duty shared with other team members on a rotational basis
- Must be able to qualify for a Canadian Secret level.
- The working language is English, French is an asset
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume to: Laura Navarro by April 30, 2018 (email@example.com
). Please state position title in the subject line of e-mail.
MDA Geospatial Services International is an equal opportunity employer. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
Posted: August 9, 2018
Closes: September 15, 2018