Mechanical Engineering Intern (Summer 2022)Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB's Measurement & Analytics division is among the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of smart instrumentation and analyzers. With thousands of experts around the world and high-performance digital technology, ABB's team is dedicated to making measurement easy for its industrial and energy customers to let them operate more efficiently and profitably.The mechanical intern we are looking for demonstrates a high level of concern for customer satisfaction and places great importance on teamwork. They are autonomous, responsible, studious, analytical and dedicated in the realization of the mandates.Your responsibilities
- Make material resistance calculations and other calculations to help engineers in their verifications.
- Perform structural and thermal numerical simulations using ANSYS software.
- Participate in the design and 2D drawings for various projects.
- Update 3D models of various products in CREO (Pro-E).
- Prepare calculation sheets in order to standardize calculation methods.
- Research different manufacturing methods, heat treatments, materials, surface treatments to help engineers make informed choices.
- Document these investigations and calculations and present them to engineers in a lecture format.
More about us
- 3 years completed at the bachelor level in mechanical engineering
- Courses in materials and strength of materials
- Knowledge in thermics
- Knowledge of sinusoidal and random vibrations
- Knowledge of finite elements
- Fluency in French and English;
- Assets :
- Knowledge of mechanical drawing standards, geometric tolerancing (ASME Y14.5M)
- Knowledge of mechanical hardware
- Experience with ANSYS
- Experience with PDM software
- Knowledge of CREO (Pro-E).
- Experience in technical drawing (2D)
- Knowledge of optics and space systems.
Named to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.