Manager – Working Capital (Cash Transformation)
Reference ID: MON001N1
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Working Capital Advisory Services Manager, you'll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. Our team of strategic advisors sits at the heart of a global team of restructuring specialists who deliver high quality advice to our clients.
EY has an established industry leading Transaction Advisory Services Practice. We help clients determine the right deal to do, and then assist them in doing the deal right. We are a growing practice that has the resources to serve any client, anywhere in the world. With so many offerings, you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a friendly, collaborative environment through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities
As a manager, you will be part of the Working Capital and Cash Flow Transformation Practice team helping our clients determine the right deal to do, and then assist them in doing the deal right. You will actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. With guidance from partners and senior managers, you'll identify potential business opportunities for EY. You will develop long-term client relationships and networks, as well as develop relationships with team members across all EY practices to service client needs.
Skills and attributes for success
• Participate in Supply Chain and/or Finance Performance Improvement engagements, which involve looking at companies' internal processes and advising on solutions around creating efficient process or improving existing processes
• Demonstrate high levels of technical and professional knowledge and quickly assimilate new knowledge. Keep up-to-date with current developments and trends in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge.
• Develop and maintain productive relationships with client management. Focus on deliverables and client business priorities. Manage expectations of service. Understand the client's industry and recognize key performance drivers and business trends.
• Deliver quality services. Value and model excellent client service by establishing goals and implementation plans to achieve a high quality deliverables and within expected timeframes. Monitor progress, manage risk and confirm key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
• Assist in managing the financial aspects of engagements by organizing staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to project leaders
• Participate in business development initiatives
• Develop people. Provide constructive on-the-job feedback/training. Foster an innovative and team-oriented work environment
To qualify for the role you must have
• A bachelor's degree and minimum 5 years of related work experience
• Experience as a consultant in leading and delivering successful Business Process Improvement projects
• Professional designation and/or qualification i.e. MBA, CA, P.Eng
• A range of experience across the following: supplier collaboration, product lifecycle management, sales and operations planning, procurement, operations, fulfillment, maintenance, return and recycle, shared services, accounts receivable, accounts payable
• Willingness and ability to travel, when necessary; travel is estimated at 50% but is subject to project requirements
• Experience managing staff on multiple projects and providing direction to team members
• Knowledge and experience in: Supply Chain and/or Finance assessment and transformation, inventory Management, Performance measurement and performance management, Business performance reporting, Operational cost reduction
• Track record with a blue chip consulting firm in the field
• Experience in delivering projects that cover the full life cycle of assessment, design and implementation support
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills (MS Access, SQL knowledge a preference)
Ideally, you'll also have
• Excellent problem solving, project management, facilitation and interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with experience and knowledge in extracting, mining and visualizing big data sets
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and confidence in presenting to Executives
• A high level of motivation and a self-starting attitude
• An ability to think outside of the box, and thrive on new challenges
• Experience in sourcing, procurement, shared service centre and business process outsourcing would be an asset
What we look for
We're interested in talented professionals with the ability to visualize our clients' goals and think creatively to facilitate them - often in politically charged environments. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a genuine passion for taking on new challenges, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: December 6, 2018
Closes: February 4, 2019