Financial Advisory Job Type:
Permanent Primary Location:
Montreal, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
Deloitte's Value Creation Services (VCS) team offers its clients cross-functional advisory services when deadlines are often urgent. We help solve our client's most complex business and performance challenges, whether they be in thriving or distressed business transformation situations, or the cut-and-thrust environment of M&A . . . or in most cases, all of the above!
The VCS team works in many industries but has a particular focus on Consumer, Industrials, Energy and Natural Resources, Cannabis and Financial Services. You can read more about the industries supported here .
We focus on:
- Enterprise Profitability (EP) : Our EP Service identifies and implements opportunities that radically improve its client's EBITDA and cash flow. The service helps clients with rapid revenue and market growth initiatives; cost reduction; working capital optimization; and business model transitions, transformations and modernization.
- Pre-Deal Diligence (DD) : Our DD Service offers Operational, IT, Commercial and HR due diligence to help clients drive informed bids, frame out risk factors, uncover value potential through synergy reviews, and get a head start on post-merger integration planning.
- M&A Execution (MA) : Our MA Service works with clients pre- and post-signing to design, plan and execute merger and acquisition transition programs. Our work helps to maximize the deal value, minimize Day 1 disruption, accelerate and de-risk deal closing. This service also helps clients to determine their future state operating model by function and develop and implement the roadmap to close and beyond.
Long Description About the role and role expectations
As a Manager, you'll have the opportunity to work across the full range of VCS services or develop a specialization in one particular focus area based on your experience to date. If you asked one of our current Managers about the types of things they've actually done over the past year or so, and which you might expect to do? They'd probably include:
Your role as a manager at Deloitte:
- Leverage your growing technical and industry expertise to help plan and execute client engagements across the VCS focus area(s), primarily those aligned with your own experience;
- Manage teams of professionals in the delivery of both client engagements and internal practice/firm initiatives;
- Manage multiple priorities while you apply your excellent project management, problem-solving, and facilitation skills;
- Cultivate strong relationships with clients at senior levels and help drive a high degree of client satisfaction on engagements;
- Work directly with Sr. Managers and Partners to qualify new business opportunities, structure and develop proposals and close the sale to help achieve overall VCS team revenue objectives;
- Build and leverage internal and external professional networks to open new channels to serve our clients' needs;
- Support the management and development of the VCS practice, including coaching and mentoring other practitioners, while promoting a diverse and inclusive work environment aligned with Deloitte's values;
- Participate in the development and delivery of our training programs and services;
- Embrace and live our firm's purpose - to make an impact that matters - by pushing yourself and your team to identify solutions to challenges that are most important for our clients, people, and society.
•Embrace and live the firm's purpose -to make an impact that matters -by pushing yourself and your team to identify solutions to challenges that are most important for our clients, people, and society
•Develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
•Deliver exceptional client service by maximizing results and driving high performance from people, while also fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
•Influence clients, teams and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships
•Understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, and align people to them to set appropriate priorities and direction
Successful candidates will generally have:
- Bachelor's degree and/or a minimum of approximately 5 years of related work experience in professional services or strategic roles in industry;
- Preference will be given to candidates with a professional designation (CPA-CA/CMA, LSS Black Belt amongst others) and/or a Masters (including MBA).
Experience, skills and attributes
- Proven experience in core consulting skill-sets, including hypothesis-based problem solving skills, analytical rigor and discipline, and superior structured communication capability (reports, PPT presentations and other deliverables);
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and/or French;
- Exposure to delivering the full cycle of project management accountabilities (project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, storyboarding, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations, project profitability, risk identification and mitigation and team leadership);
- Expertise in owning and driving the design, execution and delivery of M&A transaction and/or performance turnaround outcomes within and outside of the deal life-cycle, aligned with core VCS service offerings;
- Strong market, financial and commercial acumen, including both ability and depth working with and understanding financial and commercial information to provide analysis and data-driven insights to clients;
- Strong internal and external networking capabilities to support the growth of our services;
- Experience in Consumer, Industrials, Energy and Natural Resources, Cannabis and/or Financial Services industries would be considered an asset;
- Exposure to business development activities (opportunity generation, proposal development and sales close);
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead teams;
- Ability to effectively team and work in a dynamic team environment; willingness to contribute to the development of internal processes and procedures to grow the practice;
- Flexibility and adaptability regarding work assignments, including willingness to learn new skills, subject matter areas and industries and willingness and ability to travel.
We expect that that a successful candidate would have experience in at least one of the following areas:Enterprise Profitability (EP)
Pre-deal Diligence (DD)
- Your bachelor's degree is probably in a highly numerate, technical or business discipline;
- You may currently be a consultant, an internal business consultant or member of a PE work out team;
- Hypothesis-driven broad and rapid EBITDA improvement, including in completing one or more of the following: market assessments, pricing management, sales and marketing effectiveness, product and customer profitability, value analysis, supply chain, cost efficiency and organizational structure redesign, working capital management (cash, stock, accounts receivable and accounts payable);
- A working knowledge of Lean Operations, Zero Based Budgeting and/or any other of the widely recognized broad performance improvement approaches prevalent in business would be an asset but is not the primary determinant for this role.
- Experience with executing due diligence engagements in either operational, commercial, HR and/or in IT/technology;
- Critical analysis skills in evaluating assumptions and estimates, including deriving independent estimates through the use of data analytics and benchmarking;
- Understanding and ability to execution preparation of market/industry/competitive analysis, trends and assessment of its impacts;
- Knowledge of IT project development processes and methods;
- A solid understanding of IT operations, systems and projects, including IT integrations, carve-outs, and other types of transaction engagements;
- Experience and knowledge of IT architectures and new IT trends, e.g. data analytics, SOA, and Cloud/SaaS;
- Experience in writing IT or market assessment reports.
M&A Execution (MA)
- Strategic thinker who excels at execution;
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of integrations, carve-outs, post-merger integration and other types of transaction engagements;
- Broad experience in identifying risks and issues related to integration planning, timelines, synergy opportunities and functional areas;
- Experience in owning and driving the design, execution and delivery of transaction outcomes, including leading teams in their functional scopes of work;
- Clear understanding of operating models and functional understanding;
- Excellent program leadership, program/project management, problem-solving, and facilitation skills.
Long Description Exécution d'une F&A
- Aptitudes à la réflexion et à l'exécution;
- Compréhension approfondie des intégrations, des dessaisissements, des intégrations après la fusion et d'autres types de missions;
- Vaste expérience en ce qui a trait à la détermination des risques et des enjeux liés à la planification de l'intégration, aux échéanciers, aux occasions de synergie et aux domaines fonctionnels;
- Expérience à titre de responsable de la conception et de l'exécution de transactions et de la création de résultats, acquise notamment en dirigeant des équipes dans leurs travaux fonctionnels;
- Vision claire des modèles opérationnels et compréhension fonctionnelle;
- Excellentes compétences en direction de programmes, en gestion de programmes/projets, en résolution de problèmes et en animation.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply