The KPMG Deal Advisory practice supports companies that are looking to better manage and profit from change. Within this practice, our team assists companies with valuation needs in various stages of their development, including mergers, acquisitions, divestments, corporate reorganization, tax planning, succession, fairness opinions, financial reporting, commercial litigation and expropriations. Acting independently from financing sources, we offer objective consulting with emphasis on strategies that can help meet business objectives.
KPMG's Valuations group is part of the Deal Advisory practice and is involved in valuing public and private companies for numerous purposes, including securities law compliance, merger and acquisition transactions, income tax reorganization, corporate restructuring and financial reporting. The group also quantifies damages and performs economic analyses relating to contract disputes, patent infringement claims, breach of contract claims, financing disputes and other litigation matters. What you will do
- Acting as contact for questions related to his/her field of expertise.
- Participating in and managing complex engagements in accordance with planned budgets and schedules.
- Supervising and coordinating the engagement team's work as needed according to the circumstances.
- Quality control of reporting and observance of the firm's quality, policy and procedural standards.
- Managing any conflicts that may arise, as well as any engagement-related risks.
- Maintaining sustained, stable and enduring relations with clients and acting as a business partner.
- Soliciting opportunities and presenting the portfolio of KPMG services in a variety of forums.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. As a result, employees need more time to deal with personal obligations and this is included in our approach to workplace flexibility. What you bring to the role
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance.
- Graduate degree in business administration (MBA ou MSc Finance), or other relevant professional credentials (CPA, CA, CFA, etc.) would be an asset.
- CBV certification would be an asset.
- 5 to 10 years of related experience.
- Strong skills in finance and accounting, financial analysis and report writing.
- Bilingual (French and English).
- Team player.
- Strong business development skills.
- Organization and prioritization skills.
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance