At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world. What you will do
KPMG is experiencing significant growth in demand to support our clients in all areas of our function. We are currently searching for a Manager, Financial Modelling & Business Valuation
. This being a hybrid position, the Consultant/Senior Consultant will support both KPMG's growing financial modelling practice and business valuation group.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working in teams to develop and review complex financial models for the purpose of strategic business planning, mergers & acquisitions, investment decisions, capital allocation decisions, debt analysis, and tax planning.
- Identify issues and propose strategies to client's management related to business planning and forecasting
- Working in teams to conduct market and industry research, detailed financial analysis on historical results as well as on financial projections of targeted companies.
- Participating in discussions and team meetings with targeted organizations' management team.
- Researching and analyzing organizations comparable to the targeted company and to its industry in order to determine risks associated to monetary flow of the targeted company.
- Conducting research and benchmarking analysis as well as compiling data on similar companies.
- Participating in the writing of detailed reports.
- Developing relationships with current and prospective clients.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. What you bring to the role
Keys to your success
- Bachelor's degree in commerce with a major either in finance or accounting
- 3 to 5 years of related work experience
- A Master in finance (M.Sc.) or an MBA is considered an asset.
- A CFA title (completed or in progress) and/or a CBV title (completed or in progress) will be considered major assets.
- Strong modelling skills with an excellent knowledge of Excel are required.
- Prior working experience in a financial modelling role is an asset (investment banking, corporate development, equity research, corporate FP&A, consulting).
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Experience in one or more of the following is an asset: Tableau, PowerBi, MS Access, SQL, VBA, Python.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .