You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this!The opportunity:
We are looking for a Manager to join our Montréal-based infrastructure advisory team. We are specifically looking for someone with transportation economics experience, which includes professional experience generally associated with prefeasibility and feasibility studies to assess the socioeconomic benefits of transportation projects.
The incumbent will support our advisory team in charge of developing business cases as well as financial and economic analyses for major infrastructure projects in Québec, mainly serving public sector entities.What you will do
As a Manager, you will also:
- Develop socioeconomic analyses as part of transportation project prefeasibility and feasibility studies. This will include assessing the economic impacts as well as economic/financial, societal and environmental costs and benefits.
- Develop business cases and opportunities for alternative projects, in accordance with the Québec Treasury Board's framework policy.
- Develop, review and oversee complex financial models and analyses to examine project costs and modes of financing.
- Analyze how major projects are carried out and how options are analyzed based on multiple criteria.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analyses, especially involving statistics, semi-structured interviews, focus groups and literature reviews.
- Prepare for and lead risk workshops to establish an appropriate risk envelope for an infrastructure project.
- Develop quantitative and qualitative risk analyses ultimately aimed at establishing a capital budget based on project risks.
- Develop innovative financing strategies for major infrastructure projects.
What you bring to the role
- Manage relationships with clients, engineering teams or other partners;
- Manage internal teams and review the quality of deliverables;
- Summarize analyses and broad findings in the form of compelling presentations and reports, in excellent French and English, using Word and PowerPoint;
- Manage business development and the preparation of proposals.
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- Solid economic analysis capabilities, including experience in the areas of data collection, analyzing economic data and translating complex economic concepts into more simple and understandable terms. This experience should pertain to transportation projects.
- At least 6 years of economic or financial analysis experience in a corporate or advisory environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English and French);
- Solid communication, presentation and writing skills, including the ability to grasp and effectively summarize complex documents;
- University degree in a related discipline (economics, finance). An engineering degree combined with a degree in economics/finance or an MBA would also be considered appropriate. A master's degree would be considered an asset, as would a professional designation (CPA, CFA, CBV).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office in the course of their duties.
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.