You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
Our Technology Risk Management Consulting services team is growing, and we are looking for Senior Manager to join our team. The Technology Risk Management Consulting practice provides a variety of services to our clients. The successful candidate will focus primarily on performing IT risk reviews, performing tech advisory engagements or providing IT internal audit support across the IT risk domain. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Conducting assessments of IT risks and controls in support of internal and external audit and advisory engagements, related to for instance:
- Data governance assessments and reviews.
- IT projects and system implementations.
- IT project assurance reviews
- IT governance reviews
- IT Third party risk management.
- IT asset management audits.
- Cloud platforms & technologies
- Supporting assessments for broader information security topics (cyber maturity assessments, ISO audits, incident management reviews etc.) as well IT general controls.
- Monitoring relevant technology risk standards and practices.
- Developing risk and control matrices and reviewing procedures.
- The review and provision of advice and assistance on business process controls.
- Engagement risk management: quality assurance through file review, engagement planning, development and monitoring, engagement profitability - Simultaneously deliver multiple client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity.
- Business development: taking an active role in the business community to increase awareness of the firm's services and level of commitment to the local market, developing and maturing relationships with internal staff and clients, developing proposals, identifying and pursuing opportunities to increase the practice's penetration in the public and private sector.
- Service Delivery: conducting research, performing technical testing, writing reports, conducting interviews and communicating regularly with clients and resources.
- Leading field engagement teams as well as coaching and mentoring junior staff members.
Keys to your success:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in accounting, business, computer science degree, or other relevant degree required.
- Completion of relevant certifications (e.g., CPA, CISA, CRISC, CGEIT, CISSP, ISO27001).
- 5 to 8 years of relevant experience in assessing information technology or business process risk ideally within a large consulting practice.
- Strong understanding and experience with IT General Controls and security controls audits or assessments (e.g., SOC 1/2, ISO 27001, NIST) is preferred.
- Strong understanding and experience with cloud platforms and technologies
- Experience in the designing and testing of controls in different IT environments.
- Strong understanding of business and audit risks.
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- Ability to work both independently, with little supervision and within a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French and ability to effectively express insights.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and strong organization and analytical skills.
- Has a high degree of personal confidence, enthusiasm and drive.
- Willingness and ability to travel within Canada.
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office in the course of their duties.
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.
Management and Executive