Requisition ID: 94890
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Job Purpose
Leads and oversees a Scotiatrust Taxation Services unit in Canada ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Key Accountabilities
Education/ Work Experience
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Maintains overall control of the Taxation Services unit to ensure that tax services are delivered in a professional & profitable manner by managing, supervising and allocating work to Tax Officers, Associate Tax Officers, Tax Administrators and seasonal staff.
- Responsible for all hiring and performance management functions for the Taxation Services unit.
- Responsible for oversight and approval of all new client engagements to ensure that they meet defined guidelines for acceptable business.
- Acts as a contact for all clients, partners, and new business prospects.
- May perform key tax preparation and review functions in the most complex situations.
- Responsible for the unit's budget maintenance throughout the year, and supports the Director in the development of national strategies and the annual business plan.
- Understands how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Previous Manager or Tax Officer level experience within a tax unit servicing trusts and individuals
- Post-secondary degree or diploma
- Has or may be working towards an accounting designation
- Has completed the STEP or CSI Taxation Courses and keeps up-to-date with respect to legislative changes, particularly the frequent changes to the taxation of individuals, estates, trusts, corporations, and registered charities
- Excellent computer skills are required, particularly in the use of tax preparation programs and MS Office, SalesForce and the Broadridge Trust System
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Bank, Banking, Law, Tax, Technology, Finance, Legal