Permanent Primary Location:
Montreal, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
External Posting Description
A job within our team, which is specialized in scientific research and experimental development (SR&ED) and government incentives, will give you the opportunity to:
- Work in a stimulating and high-energy environment within a multidisciplinary team of engineers and senior tax professionals;
- Develop solutions through discussion with your team and clients;
- Continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path;
- Work with high-profile clients in manufacturing and high tech on a variety of engagements in Quebec.
The Tax team is currently searching for an engineer for the senior advisor/manager role in the SR&ED team in the Montreal or Quebec City office.
As a member of the R&D Tax team, you will leverage your strong technical skills, your knowledge of and participation in the industry with our consulting team in engagements involving SR&ED tax credit claims. Specifically, you will be involved in the following:
As a manager at Deloitte, you will:
- Through interactions with clients and the client service team, identify the activities eligible for the SR&ED tax credit (development work that includes technological advancements) and develop the credit request structure;
- Draft SR&ED requests and submit them to the tax authorities;
- Document requests using the relevant forms and identify artefacts corroborating the work;
- Assist clients during the Canada Revenue Agency's (CRA) verification process.
- Embrace and live by the firm's mission to make an impact that matters, find solutions to the biggest challenges faced by our clients, our people and our society, and encourage your team to do the same;
- Develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities;
- Deliver exceptional client service by maximizing results and obtaining high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders;
- Influence clients, teams and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing relationships of trust;
- Understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, and align our people to these objectives to set priorities and an appropriate direction.
External Posting Qualifications
- University diploma in engineering in a discipline that is relevant to the IT or mechanical sector or another engineering discipline related to the manufacturing sector;
- 1 to 5 years of experience with a company in the manufacturing or IT industry;
- Ability to understand the technological issues and clearly express them to highlight the important elements;
- Good technical knowledge related to the IT or manufacturing sectors (products and processes);
- Excellent written skills in French and in English;
- Ability to lead technical interviews with specialists in several technological fields
- Excellent project management skills;
- Interested in business.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply