You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 145 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The Opportunity:
Our ESG Services practice in Montreal is recruiting a motivated and high performing Manager to support the delivery of sustainability reporting and assurance services to public and private sector clients across a range of industries. As a Manager you will lead KPMG's ESG Services teams to support our clients with their disclosure and assurance needs. You will also help to further our business development, including product development and thought leadership. Clients will look to you to add value to their business through insights on their management of emerging sustainability challenges and their reporting and disclosure practices. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Manage assurance teams in the delivery of sustainability-related assurance engagements, including sustainability report assurance and regulatory verifications (e.g. GHG verifications, renewable fuels verification)
- Assist clients with assurance readiness assessments / review of their ESG data collection systems, procedures and protocols
- Support clients draft and enhance their ESG reporting consistent with evolving expectations, and support with the development of ESG frameworks and strategies
- Support client relationships and practice development initiatives
- Actively mentor and coach team members to their highest potential
- Create a learning environment through leadership
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop skills
- Assurance experience in progressive roles associated with sustainability, previous advisory experience would be an asset
- Ability to excel in a fast paced professional environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work on multiple or complex projects simultaneously
- Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the clients' business and maintain strong client relationships
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service in the performance of duties
- Profound interest in sustainability and making a positive impact
- Master's degree, additional professional designation like CPA would be a plus
- Minimum of five years professional experience in sustainability or similar field at a reputable organization Deep experience with sustainability management, reporting and assurance frameworks (e.g. SASB, GRI, UN SDGs, TCFD, ISAE 3000)
- Experience in assessing climate change related risks and opportunities
- Strong communication skills, verbal and in writing, and ability to translate complex messages and recommendations into concise proposals, reports and presentations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both French and English
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office in the course of their duties.
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.