We currently are seeking for an experienced Manager in Strategy. Our Performance Improvement team is focused on helping clients improve business performance and operational efficiency while managing risk. Our teams help clients by delivering assessment, transformation and process efficiency solutions in specialty areas like finance, supply chain, customer, people and organization change, strategic direction, and program management. Your key responsibilities
As an Experienced Manager, an important part of your role will be to actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. You'll also identify potential business opportunities for EY within existing engagements, and share these with your team members as appropriate. Similarly, you'll manage projects, anticipating and identifying risks within engagements and sharing any issues with senior members of the team. As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture, coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex strategy concepts, including applying advanced analytics and considering the disruptive trends which are prevalent in today's economy. Skills and attributes for success
• Deliver quality services. Value and model excellent client service by establishing goals and implementation plans to achieve high quality deliverables within expected timeframes. Monitor progress, manage risk and keep key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
• Develop and maintain productive relationships with client management. Focus on deliverables and client business priorities. Manage expectations of service and scope. Understand the client's industry and recognize key performance drivers and business trends.
• Develop people. Provide constructive on-the-job feedback/training. Foster an innovative and team-oriented work environment. Coach younger team members and support their career development.
• Demonstrate high level of technical and professional knowledge and quickly assimilate new knowledge. Keep up-to-date with current developments and trends in consulting services capabilities and industry knowledge. Get involved in the development of points of view and market visibility opportunities.
• Generate new business opportunities. Understand Ernst & Young and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to serve clients. Develop long-term client relationships and networks. Develop relationships with other Ernst & Young team members across all practices to serve client needs.
• You will spend most of your time moving the clients forward in their strategic objectives. To qualify for the role you must have
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
• Strong analytical mindset in terms of taking abstract questions and issues and structuring them into manageable, specific work streams
• Demonstrated consistency in values, principles, and work ethic
• Strong project management skills
• A bachelor's degree in Business or a relevant field Ideally, you'll also have
• A post graduate degree or relevant professional designation (MBA or MSC are preferred)
• Experience in the delivery of a variety of strategy projects; analysis, benchmarking, value creating strategies, strategic planning process; operating model design; strategic investment analysis; and enterprise cost reduction
• Strategy consulting experience with Fortune 1,000 clients, selling and delivering successful, high-impact strategy projects
• A minimum of 8 years' experience with a consulting firm offering strategy services along with a successful track record in the strategic space either as a strategy consultant or a role in industry within strategy planning
• Depth of knowledge in the financial services industry About EY
What we look for
We are looking for passionate leaders with strong vision to lend subject matter expertise to the design the strategic builds for our clients. If you have a genuine desire to help businesses achieve their full potential, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make your mark. Apply today
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.