You've got big plans and we have big opportunities to match. We're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory, and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally, and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. Position summary
KPMG's Research and Development Practice is made up of multidisciplinary teams of scientists, engineers, accountants and tax specialists. These teams help our clients obtain federal and provincial tax credits to promote scientific research and experimental development (SR&ED) investments.
The firm is looking for a Consultant, Senior Consultant or Manager to join its SR&ED practice and more specifically its Financial Team. What you will do
• Preparation of federal and provincial tax credits files,
• Interacting with clients and other team members,
• Assisting clients with CRA and QRA audits,
• Research and analysis of a wide variety of incentive tax issues,
• Monitoring the entire process from claim until contribution. What you bring to the role
• Ideally 2 years' experience in Incentive Tax, preferably in a public accounting firm,
• Experience and thorough knowledge of CRA SR&ED program,
• Accounting and tax background is an asset,
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
• Demonstrated leadership and team-building skills,
• Strong time-management abilities and self-motivation,
• Proven ability to interact with co-workers, management and clients alike in a manner that is respectful, patient, and understanding,
• Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously,
• Willingly takes on and learns new skills by researching a wide variety of tax issues,
• Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the clients' business and maintain strong client relationships,
• Ability to recognize existing tax problems and planning opportunities for individual clients would be an asset. Keys to your success:
• Professionalism in performing tasks.
• Motivation, enthusiasm and a positive attitude during busy periods.
• Proven aptitudes to work as part of a team.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both French and English. KPMG Québec offers many advantages:
• Competitive salary
• 50 hours of personal time for personal/family emergencies
• Staff pension plan.
• Comprehensive group benefit plan
• Lifestyle spending account
Working alongside our clients and professionals, you will also find at KPMG an exciting and rewarding environment, as well as global career opportunities in the KPMG network.
KPMG is among the best employers in Canada and was recently recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 employers in 2020 for a 14th consecutive year. The well-being and professional development of our talent is our priority. Come build your future with us! Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com