You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
The \"PRIM\" Privacy, Regulatory and Information Management
practice within KPMG is a dedicated and passionate team working across the country serving a variety of clients, including financial services, health care and private sector business operating across multiple jurisdictions to assist with their privacy program needs. We have former privacy lawyers, technologists, archivists, data scientists, privacy and information management specialists, some of whom have experience in working for privacy regulators and served as global Chief Privacy Officers.
Our PRIM team is interested in hiring a Manager or Senior Manager who enjoys a fast-paced environment where you can learn and grow. We are looking for candidates who are independent, self-starters to help build and strengthen our current capabilities in providing our clients modern, pragmatic and automated solutions to managing privacy risks. This includes operationalizing privacy programs, end-to-end, as part of large-scale digital transformation strategies that focus on data risk mitigation, as well as responding to regulatory investigations. Our exclusive Privacy by Design Certification Program is going global and we have a proven track record of demonstrating proof of compliance for several clients with emerging technologies and information management needs. What you will do
The successful incumbent shall be responsible for providing a variety of privacy and information management services, including:
- Privacy program design & training, implementation and automation
- Privacy by Design assessments & certifications, audits and reviews, especially for emerging technologies (e.g. AI, facial recognition, surveillance)
- Privacy and information management target operating models
- Records and information management reviews, strategies and solutions
- Data lifecycle reviews and data protection solutions
- Data mapping & inventories
- Data governance
- Consent management strategies and solutions
What you bring to the role
- Participating in the development and execution of advisory service plans, information risk management strategies; business cases; cost-benefit analysis and benefits realization deliverables;
- Supporting the delivery of internal audit advisory, internal control, governance, policy and regulatory compliance projects and/or Client presentations;
- Designing and delivering of change leadership, training, communication and organizational awareness projects associated with the effective management of information as an organizational asset;
- Assisting with business and practice development efforts, proposals, marketing material, internal and external presentations, blogging and/or white paper development.
Keys to your success:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in French are required, English is an asset
- Successful completion of a professional or graduate degree in business, privacy, technology, computer science, library and information science, data analytics, or law
- IAPP certification(s) preferred
- 5 years or more of relevant professional work experience for Managers 10 years or more for Senior Managers
- Understanding and application of the principles, frameworks and methodologies within the context of privacy and information management
- Solid knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, Microsoft Visio, Adobe applications, and SharePoint
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Well organized with good prioritization/workload management abilities
- People management and development skills
- Commitment to self-learning and continuous skill and professional knowledge development
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance