Overview ***French is required***
You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
We are currently seeking a Manager or Senior Manager with an operational risk management profile to join our Financial Risk Management team. The candidate will offer advisory services in financial modeling and will be working on a wide variety of projects with financial institutions and pension funds. What you will do
You will work closely with the Risk Management practice on major projects and will contribute to business development. The chosen candidate will:
- Work on several engagements and deliverables at a time and with tight deadlines, possibly reporting to multiple partners.
- Complete and coordinate a variety of risk management projects to add value.
- Review the analysis and deliverables produced by the execution team to ensure quality.
- Write detailed reports setting out the approach, observations and recommendations.
- Make presentations to prospective clients and participate in conferences for business development purposes.
- Coach and mentor consultants and senior consultants within the team.
- Prepare proposals to meet clients' business needs.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. What you bring to the role
Keys to your success
- 7-15 years of relevant work experience
- Master's or doctorate in finance or other relevant discipline.
- Extensive experience in Operational Risk Regulations and Guidelines (Basle Accords)
- In-depth knowledge of Operational Risk Framework Implementation (Governance, Identification and Assessment of Risks, Internal control frameworks, SOX Compliance, Quantification, Reporting)
- Extensive knowledge in Operational Risk Management and/or Enterprise Risk Management.
- In-depth knowledge of Capital Charge Calculation Methods and quantification of Operational Risk (Advanced Measurement Approach).
- Sound Knowledge of principles for sound management of Operational Risk.
- Experience with the implementation of the three lines of defense model.
- Client focus to understand the issues and recommend value-added solutions.
- Able to perform well under pressure, manage projects and budgets well.
- Initiative, ability to work independently and leadership.
- Excellent analytical skills, thoroughness and ability to synthesize.
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written).
- Available to travel to meet clients and project needs.
- Knowledge of MS Office suite software, computer and programming skills (an asset).
- Bilingual in English and French, spoken and written.
- Assign the right tasks to the right people;
- Commit to continuous learning - develop new skills, assume new responsibilities and expand knowledge through research;
- Ability to manage medium-sized assignments and interact effectively with clients.
- Ability to perform well under pressure and manage several projects and budgets simultaneously
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
Banking, Finance and Insurance