Working with the Tax Managers and Partners, the successful candidate will provide compliance-related tax services. You will be responsible for a variety of technical, administrative, and support functions, including working with the partner in charge and senior management to provide compliance related tax services to our many clients. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Leading small and medium sized client engagements;
- Tax Compliance Management - Canadian and US personal tax - tax returns, tax projections, tax equalizations, tax briefings with assignees, cross-border (shadow) payroll;
- International Assignment Program Management - Manage all aspects of a client engagement;
- Working closely with a Partner, Executive Director and Senior Managers on tax compliance work for clients;
- Reviewing the work of junior staff for accuracy and completeness;
- Providing ongoing support and mentoring for the professional development of staff;
- Work with other office members on global clients and proposals.
Keys to your success:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a public accounting firm specializing in personal Canadian and US tax and/or expertise in cross-border Canada-US payroll matters;
- Strong time-management abilities and self-motivation;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills allowing effective interaction with staff;
- Bilingual French and English;
- Enthusiastic with a desire to learn;
- Organizational and time management skills to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment;
- Excellent client service skills, with the ability to understand the clients' businesses;
- Excellent computer skills - Excel experience is required;
- Enrollment in an accounting designation is required ( CPA, Canada or CPA, US)
- Enrollment in courses to obtain the US title of « Enrolled Agent » is an asset
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- Ability and interest in developing new markets and in working in a growing business environment.
- Professionalism in the execution of tasks.
- High level of drive, enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both French and English.
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process
, please contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3. KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant's individual accessibility needs.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org