You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match your ambitions, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG, you'll be one of over 219 000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
In an environment where you are encouraged to do things differently, to grow personally and professionally, and to be completely yourself at work, there is no limit to what you can accomplish!The opportunity
Do you want to work in a dynamic and stimulating environment? This offer is for you!
With the objective of continuing to grow and realize its full potential, our Financial Crimes practice in the Montreal office is looking for a Manager or Senior Manager with experience in the fight against fraud.
In compliance with laws and industry best practices, we work closely with our clients to identify, manage, and mitigate their exposition to financial crime, by acting as advisory experts on the following matters:
What you will do
- Fraud (internal/external)
- Anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing
- Economic sanctions
- Anti-tax evasion
You will be involved in a variety of projects with clients exclusively in Fraud. You will work closely with the practice partners on advisory projects and will contribute to business development.Also, as a Manager or Senior Manager you will have the following responsibilities:
More generally, you will have to:
- Coordinate the management and execution of anti-fraud projects.
- Lead a team of financial crime consultants while ensuring that the quality of the team's deliverables meets KPMG's standards of excellence and clients' needs.
- Act as subject matter expert on financial crimes advisory so that we can provide services in compliance with best practices, legal requirements, and the firm's standards of excellence.
- Supervise and train team members.
- Act as a point of contact with clients to strengthen existing relationships.
- Provide sound advice on fraud governance strategy and adapt it to the needs of clients.
- Support the lines of defense in deploying fraud programs.
- Assess fraud risks across the organization.
- Help our clients to have a comprehensive view of their operational and regulatory risks, enabling them to reduce their risk exposure.
- Assist clients in various risk management engagements including, but not limited to, identifying risk appetite, identifying processes, assessing the adequacy of the design and effectiveness of controls in place, to ensure compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Participate in the deployment of new technologies in fraud and/or lead the proposals.
What you bring to the role
- Contribute to business development activities to well position KPMG's Financial Crime Advisory Services regionally and nationally.
- Increase the visibility of the practice by participating in events or writing articles about financial crimes.
- Develop service offerings according to practice standards.
- Maintain a continuous awareness of emerging financial crimes trends and risks.
Keys to your success
- At least 10 years of experience in the fight against fraud.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, criminology, finance, business, or related field.
- CFE (Certified fraud examiner), ACFCS (Certified Financial Crimes Specialist) certifications or equivalent designations will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the IT environment of the financial sector and the solutions available on the market for authentication and fraud detection.
- Understanding of financial products and services from banking, insurance, asset management and brokerage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to produce concise and structured presentations and reports.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and technical writing skills to describe ideas and concepts requiring interpretation, analysis, and evaluation of complex subjects.
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word, Visio et PowerPoint).
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- Have the willingness to contribute to internal development activities as well as to business development.
- Be customer-oriented, understand their issues and propose value-added solutions.
- Being comfortable with teamwork, coaching and relationship building.
- Be able to perform well under pressure and manage projects, resources, and budgets appropriately.
- Be autonomous, have a sense of initiative and priorities.
- Demonstrate great rigor and attention to details.
- Structure and synthesize multiple concepts clearly to make compelling recommendations, both verbally and in writing.
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.
Management and Executive