At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
KPMG's leading cyber security practice provides a comprehensive suite of cyber security services, from cyber governance, strategy, defense, and response, through to complete end-to-end cyber security transformation services.
This is an exciting opportunity for talented, energetic people to join a practice that is experiencing significant growth. We are looking for candidates who have demonstrated academic, business and technical excellence, strong all-around capabilities, and fit with our culture. Individuals who can work in a dynamic, fluid, and entrepreneurial environment will excel, and will find a wide range of opportunities within our growing practice. It is an excellent opportunity for those that are looking to work in a firm and department with great career progression opportunities and wanting to be part of building a premier cyber consulting team. What you will do
Successful candidates will be responsible for the following:
- Manage the development and execution of cyber security and resilience engagements.
- Simultaneously manage work on multiple client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity.
- Providing technical expertise and translating technical matters into business language for a c-suite audience.
- Help lead our clients through small to large scale cyber security transformations.
- Seek to champion one or more technical service offerings within our cyber practice.
- Communicating (written and verbal) findings, recommendations, and other deliverables to the client including technical and business communication to management through the preparation of reports, presentations, analyses, and other deliverables.
- Relationship and business development: taking an active role in the business community to increase awareness of the firm's services; developing and maturing relationships internally and staff and with clients and target clients; identifying and assisting in pursuit of opportunities; assisting in development of marketing materials, proposals, presentations and research.
- Leading and contributing to other practice initiatives, including but not limited to knowledge sharing, training, and other activities.
- Providing guidance and oversight to more junior personnel.
*At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. What you bring to the role
The successful candidate has demonstrated expertise within some of these areas :
- Information Security strategy and planning
- Information Security Governance and structure around lines of defense
- Qualitative and quantitative risk assessment
- Metric based cyber dashboards
- Cyber Security policies, guidelines, methodologies, and procedures
- Information Security standards and frameworks (NIST, ISO27001/02, SANS, PCI, etc.)
- Cyber maturity assessments
- Privacy protection
- Business Continuity Planning / Disaster Recovery Planning
- Data loss prevention/protection
- Security intelligence management
- Third party risk assessment
- User/Employee cyber awareness
- Benchmark and evaluation of information security products and services
A successful candidate will possess a strong mixture of education, experience, skills and behaviors such as the following:
Keys to your success:
- Master's or bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline. MBA is an asset
- Relevant professional certifications are an asset (ex. CISSP, CISM and other security-related certifications)
- A minimum of 10 years of combined relevant experience (ex. security management, risk management, cyber security strategy and action plans, cyber operations, operations) is required
- Experience in any of the following industries is an asset: financial services, technology, cloud-based businesses (e.g., IaaS, SaaS), retail and manufacturing
- Organized and methodical, with strong attention to detail and ability to analyze and interpret information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to clearly communicate issues and solutions to all levels, on both a formal and informal basis.
- Willingness and ability to travel across Quebec and more widely within Canada if required.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.
Customer Service and Support