At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities . The Opportunity:
Working in the Tax Department of the KPMG Family Office means accompanying and supporting clients in a broad spectrum of Canadian taxation, according to their needs and projects. As a Senior Manager, you will be primarily responsible for providing tax services related to compliance and tax consulting. You will perform a variety of functions in line with the tax needs and initiatives of the Family Office's clientele.
Your organizational skills and versatility will enable you to carry out or supervise the activities of other team members and ensure the accuracy and completeness of their work. In addition, you will be responsible for reviewing several types of tax returns (corporations, trusts, partnerships and individuals) based on the client's organizational structure. You will also identify tax planning opportunities and make recommendations to reduce our clients' tax burden. You will act as a role model for your less experienced colleagues, providing ongoing support and development opportunities. What you will do
- Work closely with Partners on tax compliance and consulting engagements;
- Participate in working meetings with clients to discuss their business and tax needs;
- Build and structure teams to coordinate the preparation of tax compliance work ;
- Evaluate the accuracy and completeness of work performed by less experienced team members;
What you bring to the role
- Ensure the development of team members through ongoing support and coaching.
Keys to your success:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in an accounting firm or company in the sector;
- CPA accounting designation;
- Completed CPA Canada Fundamental Tax Program or master's degree in taxation ;
- Excellent people management skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Good sense of priorities and ability to manage multiple files under tight deadlines;
- Excellent customer service skills and an interest in understanding customers' business;
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .