You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of approximately 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this.
KPMG's Research and Development Group is composed of multidisciplinary teams including scientists, engineers, accountants and tax specialists. These teams help our clients to obtain federal and provincial tax credits in order to encourage investment in scientific research and experimental development (SR&ED). (For more information on the SR&ED program, please go to https://www.cra-arc.g.c.a/taxcredit/sred/menu-f.html.) The opportunity:
KPMG is looking for a scientific advisor with information technology (IT) knowledge to join its SR&ED tax group.
Different companies carry on R&D in order to make technological advancements for the purpose of developing or improving products or procedures. In order to qualify for SR&ED tax credits, these activities must meet certain eligibility criteria. The scientific advisor supports clients in identifying SR&ED activities that qualify for the credits and describing these activities in a technical report. This person is also in contact with science and technology leaders by remaining abreast of company innovations in a variety of sectors and is constantly learning by attending conferences and building a business network. What you will do
• Building and maintaining an adequate knowledge base in specific areas of science or technology.
• Conducting interviews to accurately identify technological advancement or uncertainty as well as work done in connection with an SR&ED project.
• Drafting reports presenting the project in accordance with SR&ED program guidelines.
• Identifying project-related expenses.
• Supporting clients for CRA audits.
• Monitoring the entire process from claim until payment What you bring to the role
• University degree in information technology or equivalent
• One to three years of professional experience in the industry
• Experience and knowledge of the Canada Revenue Agency's SR&ED program, specifically in the IT sector
• Technical writing skills in both French and English
• Diligence, attention to detail and ability to produce thorough work for clients
• Ability to analyze and summarize abstract or complex technical concepts in IT
• Exceptional communications skills in both French and English
• Capacity to prioritize tasks for many clients to meet delivery deadlines
• Aptitude for effective interactions with all levels of client executives and technical staff
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Focus on results and service
• Availability for client visits Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com