You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this.
We are seeking a versatile and well-rounded procurement professional to join our Montreal Management Consulting practice, with the ability to work on sourcing and procurement advisory matters. We are looking for an individual that has had exposure to a variety of structural procurement challenges and issues, have been exposed to supply chain and/or procurement cost optimization programs, and have experience with the implementation of procurement solutions, whether specific related ERP modules or best-of-breed source-to-contract (S2C) or procure-to-pay (P2P) solutions. What you will do
Depending on the circumstances for which our services are called upon, professionals in this role can be responsible for:
- Identifying client sourcing & procurement current practices and comparing to leading practices and evaluating client performance gaps;
- Leading strategic sourcing opportunity assessment, spend category planning and spend analysis efforts across a wide array of spend categories;
- Elaborating business cases that articulate the value of the opportunity, both from a qualitative and quantitative standpoint through ROI analysis
- Acting as functional Subject-Matter-Expert (SME) or as Engagement Manager as part of a procurement system implementation (S2C, P2P, CLM, SRM, etc.)
- Developing targeted project plans for cost reduction and/or process improvement and benefits realization;
- Supporting a client in the development and management of a competitive sourcing (i.e.: RFx) event for a targeted spend category from end-to-end;
- Supporting a client in crafting a negotiation strategy and approach with current or future supplier(s);
- We consider versatility across the supply chain to be a significant asset for the candidate to possess, which takes the form of demonstrated flexibility and proficiency in the following subject matters on an opportunistic basis to support peak demand in peripheral practice areas of supply chain:
- Contributing to corporate-wide supply chain diagnostics efforts
- Contributing to significantly improving operational performance of our clients by conducting a variety of targeted analyses in demand/supply planning, or logistics and distribution, including without being limited to:
- Warehousing activities and physical layout optimization;
- Distribution Network Optimization;
- Transportation practices assessment and optimization;
- Inventory levels and Management Practices Improvement;
- Contributing to demand and supply planning & forecasting operational review;
As Manager, beyond solid consulting engagements delivery, you will be expected to support our Sourcing & Procurement Advisory practice development by:
What you bring to the role
- Contributing to prospective business development, sales pursuits and proposal development with potential clients, as part of our National Supply Chain Advisory team.
- Overseeing the work of 3-5 direct reports at the Advisor or Senior Advisor level.
- Participate to networking activities with current and prospective clients, which may include industry conferences or events.
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- Bachelor of Business Administration with major in Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Procurement/Sourcing, or equivalent undergraduate degree or Engineering degree, with related work experience.
- Sc. in a relevant discipline or MBA will be considered an asset.
- 6+ years of Sourcing, Procurement, Negotiation and/or Contract Management experience.
- Experience as an internal or external business advisor, including previous Management Consulting experience with a reputable advisory firm will be considered a strong asset.
- Professional certification(s) tied to Supply Chain related specialties (ex.: CPIM, CSCMP) and/or Procurement will be considered an asset (ex.: CPSM, CPP, etc.).
- Demonstrated Procurement system certifications or accreditations are considered an asset (Coupa, SAP Ariba, Ivalua, Oracle, etc.)
- Experience in performance improvement, process re-engineering, cost reduction, supply chain improvement and other transformation initiatives.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with ability to analyze complex business problems, structure and synthesize findings and conclusions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead work of other colleagues, coach and contribute to the development of younger practitioners.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Comfortable using financial analysis to support business case establishment and quantification of opportunities and business performance, service level impact.
- Ability to work with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills in both official languages (French and English).
- Excellent written and presentation skills in both official languages (French and English).
- Demonstrated Source-to-Contract and Procure-to-Pay solutions knowledge and proficiency (ex.: Coupa, Ivalua, SAP Ariba, Oracle Cloud Procurement, Zycus, GEP, etc.), as well as implementation experience of such solutions will be considered a strong asset.
- Demonstrated Supply Chain and Logistics experience with associated systems - ERP, MRP, WMS, TMS, as well as any implementation experience of such solutions will be considered an asset.
- Proficiency with MS-Office, including Access, Excel, Word, Outlook, MS Project and Visio
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
Operations and Logistics