Manager, Private Company Services
Reference ID: 13827BR
Achieve your full potential in an environment where there's flexibility to cultivate your personal brand and knowledge base.
Our Private Company Services practice:
PwC's Private Company Services clients are private businesses, ranging from high net worth individuals to owner-managed family businesses. PwC's Private Company Services, consists of business advisors dedicated to resolve the day-to-day business issues of our clients and help them achieve long-term success.
The Opportunity: Manager, Private Company Services
As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for developing internal and external relationships to deliver on our brand promise and build our presence in the market. You will leverage your network to expand our client base and share your industry expertise with both clients and targets. You will contribute to the overall effectiveness of the team by seeking feedback from both clients and team members, coaching more junior staff on their performance and leading by example.
Your work will be primarily
· Managing interpersonal relations and building the morale of the team
· Reviewing completed financial statements and related notes
· Reviewing personal and corporate tax returns and other information returns and related correspondence
· Providing assistance to clients with payroll, GST and other related compliance
· Conducting research in order to have an in-depth understanding of a client's industry and business demonstrating strong technical knowledge and having the ability to research issues, present alternatives and conclusions
· Ensuring that all work is completed and documented in accordance with our prescribed standards and billed in a timely manner
· Identifying potential opportunities to provide additional services to our clients
· Developing the knowledge of junior team members by sharing best practices, providing coaching and instructing of courses
· Continuously communicating with the Partners with respect to engagement progress
· Maintaining existing client relationship and developing other relationships in the community
· Passion for excellent client service
· Relevant experience in public accounting (4 years)
· Strong understanding of Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises
· Strong knowledge in Canadian personal and corporate income taxes for private companies
· Experience in owner /operator clients of different industries, holding companies, investment companies, and entrepreneurs
· Computer software knowledge (Excel, Quickbooks, Simply Accounting, Caseware, Tax Prep)
· Superior communication (oral or written) and interpersonal skills that allow you thrive in a team environment
· CPA designation would be considered an asset
· Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
· Good project management skills and ability to prioritize
· Accuracy and attention to detail
Why Work for PwC
Our employees make an impact with their dedication to client service, creativity, and high performance. Whatever your passion is, the opportunities available to you at PwC will help you realize your career aspirations.
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
PwC: the Opportunity of a Lifetime
Posted: March 12, 2019
Closes: May 11, 2019