Manager, People in Deals - Montreal
Reference ID: 15582BR
Collaborate with industry leaders, diverse teams and innovative minds.
People in Deals - About us:
Our Canadian practice provides strategic business advisory services and integration support (Human Resources, Change Management, Family Services, Merger & Acquisitions) across two primary areas: (1) People in Deals (mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, carve-outs, business restructuring, and other capital events) and (2) Private Company Services (family owned businesses or private equities). We are part of a much larger global and multi-disciplinary PwC network which is comprised of 180,000 tax, assurance, and consulting practitioners across 158 countries. Of this network, approximately 500 specialists, with diverse and deep HR functional backgrounds, are dedicated to the People in Deals practice.
The Opportunity: Manager, People in Deals (HR M&A) - Montreal
This unique role allows you to use all of your diverse HR, M&A, and change management skills across a wide variety of industries, high profile deals, and prominent private businesses. As a Manager in our People in Deals Consulting practice you will help our clients address the specific people and HR program issues that support Deals transactions from inception through post-transaction integration. you will deliver projects related but not limited to:
· HR deals support, including HR due diligence, pre-close planning and Day-1 preparation, post-close integration)
· Organizational design and service delivery model creation
· Talent acquisition and retention
· Leadership development
· Performance and succession management (corporate and families)
· Change management
· Culture assessment and integration
· Working with other talented PwC professionals, you will have diverse and challenging opportunities to engage in the following types of activities:
· Leverage your business and consulting experience to create and deliver meaningful and effective client solutions, working with clients and cross-functional PwC teams
· Facilitate client workshops
· Manage the project engagement process from start to finish, including setting scopes, budgets, staffing resources, creation and coordination of client-ready deliverables
· Develop, coach, and mentor junior team members, including providing meaningful written and verbal feedback
· Participate in the business development and sales cycle for the practice (e.g., proposals, sales material, client presentations)
· Contribute to the ongoing development and growth of the Canadian practice
· Completion of an undergraduate degree in human resources, commerce, economics, finance, or business administration
· Related certification (HRPA, ProSci Change Manager)
· Bilingual (French / English) - written, spoken, and reading
· 5+ years of professional consulting experience, delivering client-facing service cross-industry or similar experience in industry roles
· Strong knowledge and experience in delivering HR programs is required
· Solid understanding of HR function and service delivery models
· Understanding of HR technology solutions, including Cloud-based
· Deals transaction and execution experience is preferred
· Demonstrated ability to manage client relationships and lead teams
· Analytical thinker who can produce high quality deliverables that create sustainable value
· Excellent communication and presentation skills are required
· Skilled at working in a fast-paced, challenging environment, which will require the flexibility for occasional travel
Why Work for PwC
We look for diversity of thought and encourage our people to reach out and make a difference for their colleagues, clients and communities. We welcome people from a variety of educational and professional backgrounds, and believe that different perspectives help us solve challenges with innovation, cooperation, and creativity.
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
Apply for our opportunities today. This is a place that will inspire you to be at your best each and every day. Your application today is tomorrow's opportunity.
PwC: the Opportunity of a Lifetime
Posted: January 11, 2019
Closes: March 12, 2019